Tuesday, March 1, 2011

1st Signs of Spring!

Don't you just LOVE Spring? It's my favorite time of year. I tell ya that if I could have it MY way, it'd be Spring ALL year long!!! Right now, it's still c-c-cold!!!

I have a FABULOUS stamp to show you today - I not only almost forgot to post it, I forgot how adorable it was... here ya go!

This is 1st Signs of Spring by Carmen Medlin for SCACD. She's just beautiful and delicate! I LOVE her :)

Look at the stitching... I created these 'PERFECT' stitches using my Sew Easy! I thought that it would be hard, but it really IS easy!!! I used the Sew Easy Floss in Quick Sand with all 6 strands. If you cross stitch, you'll know that usually the strands are separated maybe using 2 or 3 strands at a time. I wanted the stitching to stand out, so I kept all 6 strands. The only thing I noticed is that it was hard to thread the needle - couldn't be my eyes though... ha ha

GORGEOUS dp is Sweetness by pinkpaislee. Die cuts are nesties: Classic Large Oval and Classic Large Scalloped Oval (15% off!) and for the bottom corners, I used a Sizzix die and made the flowers into buttons! Viva Decor Paper Pen creates lovely cream pearls which accent the swirls and embellish the upper corners. Lace and ribbon are from my stash and the mini rose is by Prima (25% off!). I used a swirl stamp to give the oval some interest - you can find similar swirl stamps Here.

Thanks so much for visiting me! I hope that you are having a wonderful week and will pop in again soon. You know... it's almost time for another AMAZING New Release!!! Check out the store blog for more fabulous inspiration!

Challenges Entered:
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Spring Flowers
Craft Your Passion - Girly Girl
The Crazy Challenge - Here Comes Spring
Lollipop Crafts - Think Spring
Pear Tree Designs - Ribbon
Stamps R Us - For the Girls
TPE - Buttons Lace & Ribbon #94
Wild Orchid - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Whoopsi Daisy - Let's Get All Cute

Don't forget my blog candy Here.

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~

27 comments:

Angie said...

Fab card love the image and the colours thanks for joining us at papertake weekly.
Angie x

Becky said...

This is fabulous. Wonderful colors and coloring.

Linda said...

what a gorgeous card
hugs linda

Cheryl said...

oh lori hun this is just devine,the image is so beautiful and the papers you have used are just gorouges hugs cheryl xxxxx

Sussie said...

Very pretty card!

Renkata said...

such a pretty layout, very beautifly coloured image Lori!

Marilyn said...

Great card Lori... love the colouring, papers & layout.
Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us.
Marilyn

Larisa said...

Lori, she is so pretty)))

Flutterby Trina said...

Beautiful! Love your colouring! thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs for our Ribbon challenge! Good Luck

xxx

Crystal said...

Lori this is soooo BEAUTIFUL, LOVE your design and all these fabulous details....!!! GORGEOUS work sweetie!

E.T said...

beeeeeeeeautiful!

LouDotMac said...

Stunning image - you have coloured her perfectly. I love the patterned paper and the corner details!

Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs in our 'Ribbon' challenge - good luck.

Lou Mac. xo

Mimi said...

Sweet and beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts...good luck! ;)

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful card with lovely embellishment :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Hlora said...

it is so beautiful))) Love the ribbon) Sorry it is impossible to get the nice ribbons wher I live... You are a lucky girl)))

Hlora said...

Lori, sorry, I can't found who is the winner of your last candy ? It dinished on Feb. 28th.. can you show this post or a few words about? I am new in candies, and I can't understand all right... Thanks)

Susie said...

Beautiful card, love the image & pretty papers. Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Zulma said...

This is lovely! cute image and great color combo. Nice embellishments. Thanks for playing with us at Lollipop crafts this week, good luck!
Zulma DT

Bettina said...

hi lori! this is so beautiful, love the papers and the colors. she looks so lovely. hugs

Tammy said...

What a great card...I really want the Sew Easy too...It is on my wish list.
smiles...Tammy
glad to hear it was not hard to do.

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

I just ordered the Sew Easy, so I am glad it really is easy! Your stitching is wonderful as are all the other details of your card. I adore that lace you chose and your work on the image is awesome. Thanks so much for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY this week:)

Rleen said...

WOW! What a gorgeous card! I love the colors.
Thanks for sharing with us at the Whoopsi Daisy this week challenge.
Hugs, Rleen

Charlene said...

Fabulous card...you have a great eye for being able to add just the right amount of embellishment without it being too much.

darling Ho said...

Terrific!! I do love your card, so pretty!
All the embellishemnts are perfect with your lovely girl.
Thanks for sharing it at CCH, hope to see you again. ~~hugs~darling Ho~~

Mina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mina said...

oh wow Lori shes a real beauty...of course your amazing colouring helps too...gorgeous...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx

Cole said...

What a super pretty card Lori!

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails