Monday, April 4, 2011

It's Candy and Peeker Time!

Good Monday Morning Sweeties!  Did you have a good weekend?  Half of mine was busy busy busy and the other half was ...nap time!  I did something with my sister on Saturday that was very empowering - yay!!!  I used to own this mega treadmill that took up most of my kitchen lol!  It felt so good to get it out of my house so that I could replace it with my craft space.  Where did it go?  To my sister's house, of course hee hee!  Nope, that wasn't the empowering part... She's had the treadmill taking up space in the room she uses as her office, but now she's ready to turn that room into a dining room.  It didn't seem very practical to keep the treadmill in there, but no one knew how to disassemble it.  I mean this thing is HUGE with a monitor to watch TV and even has a fan!  So, it wasn't something we could just fold up and roll out with ease...  After finally finding the model and serial number so we could download the proper manual, we boldly ventured out into the unknown.  With hex key and phillips screwdriver in hand, off came one bolt after another... one piece after another.  It's amazing what you can do with the instructions lol!  So we get the top and side portions off and put the pieces in her garage.  Now came the really really hard part.  I don't know how much this thing weighs, but it's gotta be a lot more than me!  You should have seen the two of us struggling to get it out her front door.  It wasn't pretty hee hee.  I'm tellin ya that working out certainly helped get this job done!!!  Now we're both feeling pretty puffed up cuz we didn't have to ask anyone for help :)  Yay!!!  Victory!!!  So, if you need someone to help you with an intimidating project, just give us a call LOL!

...and now... It's PEEKER time!  For the past few days, I've been pointing you to one of my sweet DT sister's blogs so you could take a peek at her PEEKER.  Now, I've got my own PEEKER for you to peek at!  For the first time ever, feast your eyes on Waiting For...Peeker.

This lil' cutie is from The Peekers by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD.  The entire collection is beyond adorable!  Just wait til you see the whole kit n caboodle!  You'll want em all : )


 I've colored up this Oh so sweet image with copics:  Dress - BG05 BG02 BG01 BG000 BG0000; Bows - BV04 BV02 BV01 BV00 BV000; Hair - E49 E59 E25 E53; Curtain/Window Pane - E53 E50; Scenery - C7 C5 C3 C2, G28 G24 G21 G12 G20, E25 BV04.  Can you see the curtain tieback?  I used Gold Ultra Fine Glitter Paint by Glamour Dust!  The camera didn't pick up the bling... :(



My inspiration for this card came from The Outlawz Color Challenge which is Light Blue, Purple and Creamy White.  Oh how I love these colors together!!!  I've used the sketch from Wild Orchid Challenge (which I LOVE!).  Since I was working on a Wild Orchid Challenge, I've used Wild Orchid flowers, but you can find similar flowers in the US Here.  Those quick n easy cream pearls were made with my FAVE Viva Decor Paper Pen.  I will never stop saying how much I LOVE these paper pens lol!  Did ya catch the rhinestones in the lace?  You can find those Here.  The sentiment is computer generated.

Other Challenges Entered:
ABC - R for Roses
Charisma - Bling & Sparkles


New Products!!!
There's LOTS of new products in the store including:
Spellbinders
Couture Embossing Folders
6” x 6” paper
Scrap FX Chipboard
Tonic Punches
FaberCastell Gelatos sets
Goosebumps
LaBlanche Stamps
New Lockhart Co Stamp release & Sew Easys are Back In Stock!!!

CANDY TIME!!!
You didn't think that I'd tell you about the CANDY first did you? hee hee...  You can find the scrumptious CANDY right HereEnds April 7 at 7 pm PSTDon't forget to check back at the Store Blog on April 7 at 7:30 pm PST to see if you've won!!!  How fun is that?  Susana's the BEST!

See Quixotic Paperie in Europe HERE for your SCACD stamp needs!

Thank you for taking a peek with me today!  I've had so much fun and I love you tons ♥

Until next time...

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul~




29 comments:

Colleen Holmes said...

Lori, I love how you colored "Waiting for.." Love the wall paper and shine in her hair! She is was very sweet image to color! Love your card!!

cebelica said...

Such a beautiful card!

Linda said...

what a cute card
hugs linda

Larisa said...

wow! It is adorable! Love the blue colouring here) All is very harmonical)))

Craftyanny said...

oh wow Lori, she's adorable abnd your colouring is as per usual perfect!!! A beautiful card
Anne x

THERESA said...

Stunning card, wow, just love your coloring!!!!
Real interesting was the "Paper Pen" , i checked it out, cool,1st time i have heard or read about it , tfs that!!
lotsa luv
PS: luv landing at the header saying Comfort.......:))

Dragonlady said...

Hi Lori

She is so gorgeous, you have chosen some beautiful colours and love the bling too!

Hugs Ali x

Renkata said...

what a precious image and such an adorable card Lori.

Chelsea said...

This is so adorable Lori. The cute little window and sentiment is just perfect for this image.
Love,
Chelsea

Kirei na Kami said...

Lori, your card is breathtaking!!! I love all the gorgeous design elements, and your coloring is phenomenal!!! This is one of my favorite images in this set!!! You definitely brought it to life in this lovely card!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Mrs Ham said...

Such a adorable card. I love The Peeker.

Becky said...

This is adorable. Love the design and love this Peeker.

Crystal said...

Oh WOW Lori you did an AMAZING job with this cutie!! Absolutely darling, precious and GORGEOUS!!!!!! Fabulous peek sweetie!

elsi67 said...

Sweet :) Thanks for playing with us at Wild Orchid Crafts ♥

Sue C said...

Beautiful card Lori, the image is really sweet. Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge. Sue C x

Sheree said...

That card is absolutely adorable Lori!! I just love those three colours together as well. Your colouring is perfect and I LOVE that image!!

Mandy said...

Lol I'm glad you've been eating your spinach and have mahoosive muscles lol.
Hunny your card is absolutely gorgeous, so sweet and beautifully coloured. I really need a copic tutorial from you pretty please, I haven't sussed those darn pens out yet, maybe in another 2 years I will have lol
hugs Mandy xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Beautiful card! Love the image and your colouring is fantastic.
Diane xx

Mary Lou said...

Hi there Lori~~been awhile since I visited but I just love this card. I feel like I am in the house with "Waiting For" :) Great job!!!
Hugz and blessings

Lisa said...

Hi Lori! I am loving this little image "waiting for.." and this card is adorable!
Big Hugs!

Gemma said...

beautiful creation! Thanks for joining in this weeks Bling and Sparkles challenge at Charisma Cardz and good luck! Gemma :)

Danni said...

this is just way too adorable!! Wow!! Truly stunning!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is gorgeous! Sweet stamp and great colouring. I wonder if she's looking for the Easter Bunny?
Love the pearls and bling, especially on the lace. Great touch.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Becky said...

This is another adorable image, I just love these new peekers and your card is darling.

Tracey Brossart said...

So Beautiful Lori! Love that lace and the colors! :D

Big Hugz,
xx Tracey xx

Debs said...

wow Lori gorgeous creation I love the lace and super sweet image
Debs
xxx

Bettina said...

soo beautiful. i love it. gotta have me those peekers, i love them.
hugs!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Simply adorable, thanks for sharing!

Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/03/april-kit-preview-day.html

Leanne said...

Beautiful card! The image is such a cutie. Great coloring. I have an award posted on my blog for you.
Hope you are well.
Leanne

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails