Thursday, November 29, 2012

Loving Hybrid Cards!!!

Can you believe that November is almost over?  EEK!!!  Don't even ask me about Christmas.  I am definitely not ready to deal with that yet lol!  I am still grieving over the extra weight I've put on over the past month or so :(  Part of me says, 'Well, just wait until after Christmas because you know you'll want to eat all of those goodies' - then the other part of me is screaming, 'But you are a fat pig... how do you think you're gonna fit into your jeans if you keep eating like this?'  ARRGGGH!!! LOL!!!

On a much brighter note, I'm so happy for my son who is enjoying working at his new job.  I do believe it's a good fit for him.  I can see him 'blossoming' which is a very good thing.  Depression runs in both mine and my hubby's families.  My son has struggled also, so to see him thriving does my heart good : )

As a kind of disclosure, I want to say that I love all of those gorgeous paper pads (believe me, I have more than my share!).  Susana carries tons of awesome 6x6 paper pads HERE.  However, sometimes I find that using digi papers are fun!  For this particular project, I already had the paper printed and the colors fit so well - I just had to use it!



As in most of my cards, I began by stamping Dawn's Fairy by Susana Loves Stamps with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and coloring with Copics (you can find Shin Han Markers HERE).  Dawn's Fairy comes from the Mythical Reflections Collection HERE.  I gave her eyes some shine with Transparent Gloss Gel and a bit of sparkle with Stardust Stickles.  Here's where the difference comes in...

Because I wanted to try out Art Anthology Gelate in Splashed on her wings, and because I didn't want to cover such a large area with Stickles, I opted for the Gelate.  I also outlined the wings with Stardust Stickles.  In my opinion... the best of both worlds : )


The image is popped up using foam dimensionals over Nitwit digi papers.  I left the Garden Corner dies by SCACD white which kind of gives an embossed look with the light background.  They are accented with rhinestones.  The heart is a print and cut using my Cameo and Silhouette software.  Obviously, it would have been easier to get out my heart punch, but I already had these (unused from another project) so I popped on a Papertrey sentiment and tied a bow with twine - done!

Have a wonderful, crafty day!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul~

3 comments:

Kathi said...

What a beautiful card!

I really love how you colored her and especially love her shimmery wings.

I also love the patterned paper you used.

Sandra H said...

Oh so beautiful is this Lori x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lori
A gorgeous and beautiful card love the image and fabulous colour's
Hugs Dianne xx :)

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails