Friday, June 24, 2011

Sweet Meets Sassy #2 Available Now!!!


Want this badge?

Welcome back!!!  Did you enjoy the Designer Showcase Days for the NEW RELEASE by Victoria Case for SCACD?  Aren't they ADORABLE?  A little bit sweet... a little bit sassy...  Have you checked the store blog to see if you are one of the lucky WINNERS?  Yesterday, Dianne and I showcased the lovely Lola.  I couldn't help but take a peek myself to see who won her!  Congratulations... WINNER... hee hee!  Congratulations also to the other 4 WINNERS - yay!!!
Today is the final reveal of the 'last' 3 stamps in this FABULOUS collection, Sweet Meets Sassy #2 by Victoria Case for SCACD.  You can find the final three lovely ladies on the store blog Here.

Before you go... I'd like to show you my take on Femme Fatale.  I hope you like her!

Doesn't she scream elegance?  She's definitely ready for a special night out!!!  Can a person be jealous of a stamped image? LOL!!!  Just checking... hee hee...  She's GORGEOUS!  I wanna go out looking like her : )

I stamped Femme Fatale on Cryogen White with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored her with my MOST FAVE copics:  B29 B28 B26 B24; E49 E59 E25 E53.  I 'colored' the oh-so-sparkly BLING on her gloves, shoes and earring with Viva Decor Glitter Liner.  I knew right away that the Glitter Liner was perfect for this image.  Don't you love it?  I also LOVE how the Diamond Glaze gives her beautiful eyes even more dimension and shine.  It really makes them stand out!


Do you think I could do a card without some HOMEMADE embellies?  Not yet...  I'm tellin ya that this is the best thing since sliced bread lol!  I am having waaaaaaaay too much fun to stop now!  This time, however, the pearls are store bought *gasp*  You can find them Here.

Some of you may have the metal corners from Wild Orchid and have already recognized them.  No, these are not metal.  However, I did use about 5 of the metal corners (stacked on top of each other) to make a mold.  I haven't placed my order for more Crystal Gel yet, so I'm still using Modeling Creme in Pearl Rose which works great too!  

Homemade Embellies 101:
First is the mold.  Quick and easy, it's like very soft clay which hardens into a flexible mold.  I like to place my object flat on a craft-able surface and place the molding material over it.  This way, when I turn it over and fill it in with Modeling Creme or Crystal Gel, I can 'frost' it without all the lumps and bumps.   It needs to sit for a number of hours to dry (depends on thickness of mold, temperature, etc.).  Once dry, I peel it out of the mold, clean up the edges and cover the piece with Perfect Medium and brush on Perfect Pearls or Mica Powder.  Then it gets a quick spray of Krylon Fixatif so the powder doesn't rub off.  I hear that you can also use hair spray...

There are many other ways to change the color of the Crystal Gel or Modeling Creme, so you are not stuck with one color!  If you saw my post yesterday, I made an ADORABLE puppy using Pearl Rose Modeling Creme and painted it white with black eyes and nose. 

For this card, I changed the color of the corner embellishments from Pearl Rose to True Blue using Perfect Pearls and topping it off with a coat of Diamond Glaze.  For the glittered dots and diamond shaped design, I sprinkled blue glitter in the mold and then filled in with Blue/Green Crystal Gel.  I LOVE how the glitter sticks to the Crystal Gel - it will NOT come off!

Well... I hope that you've been inspired to try something new today!  Come back and tell me where to find your project so I can take a peek : )

Thank you so much for visiting... I always love to see you, my sweet friends

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul~

10 comments:

Becky said...

Yes she does... She is stunning.

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous, stunning and beautiful card!! So elegant! Hugz, Colleen

Crystal said...

OOOOOO this is GORGEOUS Lori, I LOVE the blue and white together soooo elegant and your coloring is flawless, stunning creation sweetie!

America said...

FABULOUS and so gorgeous! WOW!! Love that vibrant blue.

Lorraine said...

Very glamorous card! Love your coloring of that sassy new image, the blue/white color combo and all of the embellies!

Diane's Card Designs said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous. I love, love, love this image and you have coloured her in beautifully. Your colour combo looks so fresh.
Diane :-) xx

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Lori- STUNNING card, just stunning! Love the gloves and really love the white with the royal blue!

Sandra H said...

This is gorgeous love the image and beautifully coloured....:) Sandra H

Mary Lou said...

Lori Lori Lori this is Royally Spectacular Hun!!!! Love the homemade embellies~~FABULOUS!!!!!!
Hugz

Queenie Jeannie said...

Everything OK??? You haven't posted in a bit! Hugs!!!

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails