Sunday, June 19, 2011

Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum...

Land Ho!  Are you ready for an adventure?  It's time to set sail once again and travel to uncharted territory!  Curious yet?  Find out more below...

Today, I have the privilege of showcasing two of the Make It Crafty stamps!  You'll also want to check out a few of my DT sister's blogs because they also are showcasing some of the Make It Crafty stamps which are NOW AVAILABLE at SCACD!!!  You'll find the links to their awesome creations at the store blog.



I LOVE these papers... 6x6 Be Mine by Echo Park (except for the map which I had in my stash).  The cool pirate ship is from The Cutting Cafe : )

Challenges Entered:
Crafts for Eternity - "R" (round, aRRgh)
Creative Friday - Black White Pink
Pile It On - Metal (faux metal)
Southern Girls - Anything Goes
Simon Says - Bingo (Buttons, Pearls, Shape)
Top Tip Tuesday - Open Challenge
Simon Says Stamp and Show - (faux metal)
Paper Variety - Mixed Alphas (Arrgh/background text)
Totally Stampalicious - Something Old (alpha mold) Something New (stamps)
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes

Colored with copics and accented with the following products: Viva Decor Glitter Liner for the blade; Celebration Pink Ultra Fine Glamour Dust Paint on pearls/jewelry; Gold Glitz Ultra Fine Glamour Dust Paint on coins.  (If I get time later, I'll edit with the copic colors I used).

One of the embellies I made with Crystal Gel.  I used Blue Green and painted the blade with Precious Metals Paint in silver.  The handle is a wee bit distressed with Gold Perfect Pearls.

More homemade embellies!!!  I have an alphabet mold and filled it with Crystal Gel (blue green).  When it dried, I had to yank it out (honestly, it did NOT come out with ease).  Silicone molds are definitely the way to go!!!  I used Perfect Medium and Gold Perfect Pearls to cover the blue/green color.  I was amazed at how well it took on the color!

The 'coins' are tiny buttons I found which I also made a mold of.  To make the mold, I found Amazing Mold Putty.  This stuff is incredibly easy to work with.  If Susana doesn't carry a particular mold and you happen to have what you're looking for at home, why not try making your own mold?  Crystal Gel works perfectly with the Amazing Mold Putty!  It is very light weight, so you're not adding so much weight and bulk to your cards.  Again, I covered the blue/green Crystal Gel with Perfect Medium and Gold Perfect Pearls.  Voila'... cute lil' coins!

Dimension, but not the weight : )  I am sooooo in LOVE with molds and Crystal Gel!!!  I'm having so much fun, I only have 1/2 the jar left (and it's a HUGE jar!).  You'll be seeing lots of embellies with Crystal Gel coming up... hee hee

Don't forget to check out the store blog and see what crafty goodness my DT sisters have come up with!


As always...

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul~

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely fantastic!!!

Anonymous said...

wow Lori! so cool! lov, love, love it! that ship is perfect and so are the gold letters. you coloring is out of this world.
hugs!

Leanne said...

WOW! Fabulous!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Lori- you are AWESOME! I love EVERY SINGLE THING about this card! EVERYTHING!

Kirei na Kami said...

OH MY!!!! Lori, this card is AMAZING!!! I love EVERY detail, especially your phenomenal coloring and the treasure map!!! WOW!!! What a stunning creation:):):)

Hugs!!!
Carolyn

Becky said...

What an awesome card! Full of beautiful details.

Crystal said...

WOOOWEEE Lori this is over the top FABULOUS!!! LOVE how you did argggg how creative and fabulous is that!!!! GORGEOUS coloring sweetie!! WOW WOW WOW!

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

Cool card! :) And I hear so many talking about this Amazing Putty thing these days - fab embellies you can do, making your own moulds with this stuff!.. I guess I can't find it somewhere over here in Norway. ave to check it out.

Happy weekend!
Warm hugs from sunny Tromsø,

Hege

Tanya said...

Wow, this is so cool, love it! Your embellishments are fabulous!

Sandra H said...

Absolutley fabulous card love the image and colouring to perfection..:) Sandra H

Susan said...

Oh my goodness Lori -- I can't believe you made so many of your embellies using Crystal Gel! Amazing and such a cute card!

Maria Therese said...

Wow your coloring is out of this world Lori!!

Lorraine said...

OMG, I totally love this! Your coloring of that she-pirate is gorgeous - esp love her hair! And the papers, inking and all of the homemade embellies! Stunning! and you're enabling me...never saw the gel used this way - now i think i NEED the gel & molds, lol!

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow, ain't she a sexy pirate.
Luv the inking up of her.
Great card..

Trish and Treasure said...

Ahoy there, what ye brilliant card and treasure map!

Rufus said...

Marvelous card! Papers, image, coloring and your great home made embellies!
R/

Mary Lou said...

BRILLIANT WORK LORI!!! Just everything--coloring, layout, embellies(Fabulous) is THE BEST!!!!!!
Hugz

Bernie said...

Wow this is fabulous! Everything about it is perfection. Your coloring is superb.
Blessings Bernie

Queenie Jeannie said...

Your cards have so much amazing detail - I'm in awe!!! Love it all!

~jan said...

What a terrific card! Fab design! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Variety!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

WoW!!!! This is incredible...you coloring is absolutely STUNNING!!!!! Thanks for playing along with Totally Stampalicious!!!

pinky said...

Wow excellent card. Love your colouring, love your alphabets (wow), brilliant card. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Wow your card is fabulous!
Love your gorgeous colors and such pretty papers and detail!
So happy that you have joined us at
BMC.....

Hugs
Judith

Melissa S. said...

What a fantastic card. I just love everything about it and I will be buying some Crystal Effects and molds pronto. Thanks for the inspiration and thank you for joining us at Pile It On this week.

michele said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

Lynne Forsythe said...

FANTABULOUS Card!!! and just lovin' the homemade embellies!!!

thanks BUNCHES for playing along with the Teamies of Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fabulous....thanks for playing the OLD/NEW challenge with Totally Stampalicious

Barbara said...

WOW,
brilliant card. It´s stunning.
Thanks for joining us at creative friday and good luck.
Babsi

Zoe said...

Lori WOW!!! A pink jacket! I would never have thought to colour her pink but I LOOOOOOVE her! What a fabulous card hun and I ADORE your home made ARRGH!!! hugs xxooo

Elizabeth Hart said...

Super creative pirate scene. It is all so fantastic - every bit of it!! Thanks for sharing your creativity at Pile it On this week.

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails