Friday, June 29, 2012

Fresh and Fun New Stamps Have Arrived!!!

Welcome my friends... old and new : )  I must apologize in advance if there are mistakes in my post today...  I broke my glasses and am positively blind without them.  Actually, I can see in the distance, but for reading I can not make the font BIG enough to see clearly lol!!!

A quick update on hubby:  His shoulder surgery went well, but he thinks he may have re-injured it : (  We'll see if there's been damage at his next doctor appointment.  You'd think that he would listen to his wife and call the doctor to let him know what's up, but nooooooo.  You got a hubby like that too?  hee hee.

On to the order of the day... Hop Time!!!

You are on the right track if you've come from the fabulous, Melanie!  So you don't miss out on the great inspiration, you may wish to start at the beginning.  Head on over to see Danni's awesome work!!!  If you get lost along the way, the entire line-up can be found on the store blog.

Today SCACD releases fun and fresh stamps from the Susana Loves Stamps Collections!!! We start off with the Oddly Sweet Curiosities Set which harbors the cutest little Curiosities with matching sentiments. These are Fab and definitely year around fun!!! The second Set are four wonderful little ladies that make up The Little Sassy Crew. Check 'em out - they are the gals that have a sweetness and attitude factor that are off the charts!!! We are also introducing a fun little set of Mixed Media houses called M’s Place that makes them a must have for those that love cute in their Mixed Media.

So grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the ride!!!


From The Oddly Sweet Curiosities Set by Susana Loves Stamps, I'd like to introduce you to:  Monster Mash!



Just gotta SMILE seeing this oddly sweet curiosity 
dancing with freedom and joy!!!


The gorgeous papers are from Teresa Collins Sweet Afternoon (on Sale!).  LOVE these!!!  I also LOVE how these awesome Garden Corners Dies mimic the lacy feel of the doily.  Oh how I adore lace!!!


To get the white rim around the circle die cut (using Classic Large Circle nestie) - after running through die cut machine, I left the die in place and sponged Spun Sugar Distress Ink around the inside edges and close to the image.  Since I forgot to emboss, I did so after sponging...


The sentiment, 'Dance Like No One's Watching' is included with the purchase of Monster Mash.  I really appreciate a 'free' sentiment, don't you?  If you know me, you know that I am terrible with sentiments.  It's just not a gift I possess... oh well, I can't have everything lol!  That's why we have YOU ♥


You can see a bit of floss peeking out from under the flower... it's Princess from the pink Sew Easy Floss trio.  I just discovered that the store is out of this color, but you can find other yummy colors *Here.*




Ha Ha Ha...  I know this is a rather LARGE photo of the Garden Corners die, but I wanted to make sure that you saw the Ice Silks Acrylic Glaze I painted on.  I also wanted to make sure that you saw how clean and crisp they cut.  I did not sand or trim a thing!  These Dies by SCACD work really well - which I soooo appreciate.


***Here's a tip for intricate dies:  There are a bunch of tiny pieces that will need to be removed from the die cut/die.  This is what works for me... I gently tap the end of the die on my work surface and some of the pieces just fall out.  Then I gently tap the other end.  Doing this (emphasis on gently cuz I don't want you to bang up or break anything!) removes every single piece quickly and easily!  However, I know there are holes in the back which you can use to poke out the pieces, but when I'm in a hurry, this works for me!!!


For my second card, I have More Celebrate Cake from The Little Sassy Crew by Susana Loves Stamps.  Don't get me started on what kind of cake this is... you know how much I LOVE ♥ LOVE ♥ LOVE ♥ C H O C O L A T E !!!




I chose this shot because it makes the stars shine!!!  Sorry if it's a little 'glare-y' for ya.  I covered 'em in Ice Silks Acrylic Glaze (as well as the roses).  B L I N G ! ! !




These fun papers are from Authentique Lively Collection (on Sale!).  I made the cool black pearls with my Graphite Paper Pen.  I had some tags already cut out from my old Cricut (yay new Silhouette!!!) so I stamped a small sentiment on it, but you can find Memory Box Dies Classic Tags at the store *Here.*  The button is tied with Sew Easy Floss (on SALE) in Bubble Gum (out of stock, but there's lots of others!), and topped with a self adhesive pearl.


... and here's the Garden Corners die in my fave PINK!  It's also covered with Ice Silks Acrylic Glaze.  What I love about Ice Silks is that you can cover any paper, the color shows through, and you have a wonderful shimmer and shine!


Everything (except for the panel I sewed the image to) was adhered with Best Glue Ever!  It came in very handy applying small dots to portions of the corner die cut...


Oooooops!  I made a boo boo...  I was supposed to include a stamp or two from M's Place!  Since I didn't, I'm including them all here (sorry M!!!)


M's Place

Aren't these fun???  They are available to come home with you now : D
You can get them *Here*


For our international friends, you can find all of these collections at Quixotic Paperie.  Say hello to Elaine!


Your next stop is Jeanne!

I love that you've chosen to drop by... thanks so much!!!  Happy Hopping!!!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul~

9 comments:

Amanda R said...

Lori these look amazing! Love the pretty feminine colors you used with the monster and how you showed your use of the ice silks, need to get me more of them!

Anonymous said...

LMFAO on the card Dance like noones watching
great job!!!

Sandra H said...

Wow they are brilliant:)x

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Beautiful job with both Lori. Love the soft and pastel look with the dancer. The cake- WOW - you completely rocked that one. GREAT colors, GREAT coloring, GREAT everything!

Lorraine said...

Oh Lori, I love both of your cards! The designs and colors are yummy! and beautiful coloring of the new sweeties!

stampingtink said...

What a sweet dance card! Love the soft effect and your cake looks absolutely yummy! What a fun release!

Danni said...

Great cards!! Awesome job!

Crystal said...

Lori WOW Both of your cards are wonderful, LOVE LOVE how you colored that cake...just perfect!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori!OMG how cute is that little ballerina monster? Adorable! Love all the die cuts you used on your card and the yummy cake card is beautiful too. LOVE your gorgeous coloring sweetie! big hugs, Angela

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails