Thursday, March 11, 2010

Little Miss Mousey Gift Bag


Yes!  It's time once again for another Fairy Fun Fridays Challenge!  This week the Fairy has challenged us to use tissue paper.  Whatever you'd like to do with tissue paper, anything goes.  The first thing I thought of when challenged with this was tissue paper on a candle.  The only problem was that I wasn't willing to take a chance on getting tissue paper stuck in my printer!  I would say that is one draw back to digital images... but the benefits are so much greater : )  So after my first disappointment of not being able to do the candle, I came up with this:

Where's the tissue paper, you ask?  The bag is made with tissue paper and freezer paper.  I first cut a length of freezer paper I thought would be a good size.  Then I crumpled up a large piece of tissue paper (I got this mega size tissue paper from Costco a zillion years ago).  I smoothed out the tissue paper with my hands and placed over the shiny side of the freezer paper.  The next step is to iron it on!  You need to be sure that the tissue paper is larger than the freezer paper so your iron doesn't stick.  Now you have a sturdy piece of textured paper to use for whatever your heart desires!  I stamped the flowers and leaves all over the tissue paper and then wrapped it around a graham cracker box (you can use any size you want) and left the top open to create a gift bag.

Here's a close up of the adorable Little Miss Mousey.  She can be purchased Here.  I've colored her with copics and atyou Spica pens, detailed with Diamond glaze.  MS deep edge punch for the top of the bag, Paper Shapers Wave Flourish punch, spacers from Stamp and Create, Daisy Doodles flowers by Prima, brads, gems and ribbon from Michael's.

This was such a fun challenge : )  Thank you so much, Roberta! Don't forget to check out the challenge and see what the other DTs have created!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Cupcake Craft - Flower Power
SophistiCat - Flourish (I have a little bit...)
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Recycle (tissue paper!)
Creative Card Crew - Celebrations (Spring, Easter, Mother's Day!)
Creative Inspirations - Charms
Cute Card Thursday - Celebrations (Spring, Easter, Mother's Day!)
Crafty Calendar - Flower Power
Stamp with Fun - Spring


Thanks so much for visiting me.  I love it when you drop by!  Now, I've got lots more to show you - stay tuned.  Happy crafting!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~

14 comments:

Tracy said...

Very sweet and girly! Love it.
Hugs
Tracy

Kelly said...

Lori, this is fantastic. What an innovative way to use tissue paper! It looks gorgeous and your coloring is out of this world.

Unknown said...

You're a genius!

xoxox

Mandy said...

Oh hunny this is soooooo gorgeous, the image is adorable, I so wish I could colour half as good as you do your colouring is always beautiful. As for making your own bag clever girl, love the design.
Thanks for being the first to write me a review you are a star missy, have a fab weekend
loads of love n hugs Mandy xx

NGCARDS said...

This card is adorable and I love that image :) Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

what for wonderful spring card !! love the sweet image !! thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46
swf-team

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, so much work ahs gone into it.
Thanks for joining us at Sophisti-Cats this week, hope to see you next week
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxxx

Linda . J said...

Such a beautiful card Lori with lovely detail and the tissue paper and colors are gorgeous.
Hugs Linda

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lori, what a gorgeous little bag. The image is so sweet and coloured perfectly and the colour scheme is stunning. Love how you've added the flower to the centre of the bow :) Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Pop's Cards said...

This is great love the colours that you have used, a great take on Charms at Creative Inspiration, hugs Pops x

Kelly Schelske said...

It's fabulous Lori!

Unknown said...

Adorable Lori, great project, thank you so much for joining us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xx

Annie said...

fabulous card! thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! How brilliant of you! I had no idea that this could be done! and it's gorgeous! I love it all :)

hugs, margie

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails