Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Two New Techniques!

Hello friends!  Thank you for all the wonderful birthday greetings... they sure did make my day : )  I've been spoiled the last few days!  It began with my oldest son taking me (and hubby and younger son) to Esmeralda's for lunch.  I love Mexican food - it did not disappoint!  The next day, my sweet friend took me to lunch at Marie Callendar's where they have the 'best salad in the world!'  But you know what I found out?  The 'best salad in the world' was replaced by another 'best salad in the world!'  It was similar to the first, but even better - yummy!  I also had my first sour apple martini.  M-m-good!  That night, my DH took me to Mimi's Cafe where they have the 'best carrot raisin muffins in the world!' hee hee...  The following morning, my sister and mom took me to... Mimi's Cafe (yes, again!!!) where I had more carrot raisin muffins and a very delish Cheddar Broccoli Quiche.  Oh the calories...   We saw Toy Story 3 - very cute movie : ) - had to have frozen yogurt at Yogofina.  Do you have something similar in your area?  They have great frozen yogurt, but the toppings are out of this world!  I had Snickers, brownie, granola, strawberries and blueberries.  It was fa-nominal!!! After that, we were thirsty, so we headed over to Starbucks!!!  We sat and talked and sipped our drinks...  They had to roll me out the door LOL!

So now I'm not only spoiled, but I've probably gained about 10 pounds!  Oh well... I keep thinking that when I lose the extra baggage that has somehow found it's way on my body, it'll be a good testimony of how following First Place 4 Health has helped me get slim and trim - yaaaaahooooo!  The first class starts on September 22.  I can't wait...but I can hee hee!

If you're still with me, I'd like to show you my card and a new technique I used!

This stamp is from Victoria Case for SCACD - Aurora 2 Collection, 'Walk in the Park.'  I have fallen in love with this collection!  Her outfits are so much FUN to color : )

She's colored with copics...  Pinks: RV34 RV32 RV10 RV00 RV000; Greens: G28 G24 G21 G20; Hair: E35 E34 YR21 YR20; Skin:  E11 E21 E00 R20.  For LOTS of bling, I used Viva Decor Glitter Liner.  After I colored the image, I applied the glitter liner on her hat, belt and shoes.  Do you like the bling-y scrolls?  I hope to have a tutorial soon to show you how I made them!  Although you can certainly 'draw' them directly onto your project, I chose to create them first and then glued them down once I found a pleasing design.  I also found a way to incorporate my fave Rose Paper Pen, of course hee hee!

DP is Memory Box, Gossamer (LOVE this paper!!!).  Circle and Scalloped Circle die cuts are from my nesties.  Behind the scalloped circle, I've layered a punched border using MS Optic Dot corner punch.  I played with the punch until I made something I liked!  Corner punches are no longer just for corners!

The larger, funky looking flower is one that I made.  Another first!  I used scrap dp from a previous card.  I hope to do another tutorial on how I made this oh so easy flower!  You can make flowers to match all your projects.  How cool is that?  All of the flowers received a very healthy spritz or two of Iridescent Pearl Maya Mist and then edged with Stardust Stickles.  Oh so sparkly!

Challenges Entered:
One Stop Craft - Summer Fun
Creative Inspirations - Recycle (flower)
Dutch Dare - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Cute and Girlie


You'll want to check back soon for another new technique I've discovered...  It will be revealed for the next Try It Out *T*...

******************************************************
New Product Alert!!!

Now on Sale!
Select Prima and Petaloo Flowers

********************************************************* 
Thanks for stopping by to see me : )  I hope you have a fabulous week!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~
  

10 comments:

Loz said...

Hey Lori! Sounds like you've had a fabulous birthday!! All that talk of food is making me hungry! :) I love your sweet card ♥

Margreet said...

you had a high-calorie b'day....but so nice to be spoiled this way....and no, I don't think we have that yogurt things in Holland.....your card is gorgeous...love all the bling bling...I come back for the tutorials!
xxx Margreet

jaine drake said...

Oh fabulous, I know a few girlies who would love this one.Thanks for entering my challenge at creative inspirations this week.

Crystal said...

So darling Lori, I LOVE all your embellishments...BEAUTIFUL!

Crystal said...

So darling Lori, I LOVE all your embellishments...BEAUTIFUL!

Cor* said...

Oh I'm so glad you got spoiled and that you gained 10 lbs!! lol- Everyone needs a good spoil & weight gain time and again. Your cards are so great & colorful! I love your coloring and the glitter is fab! I am gonna have to look into getting some of these little ladies. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.

Angelwood said...

Oh Lori, did I miss your bday? Happy belated one, GF! Hope you had a special day!

I am loving these Victoria Case images! Your coloring of them is gorgeous and you embellish them so beautifully! Brilliant work! hugs, Angela

Cathy Spicer said...

GORGEOUS card!! Very summery. Thanks for playing at OSCC.

SANDRA OWENS said...

Hi
I HAVE TELL YOU FRIST i LOVE YOUR
BLOG AND YOUR WORK IS WONDERFULL .HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MAMY MAMY MORE . THE AOTHER DAY SOMEONE ASKED ME WHAT WAS YOUR BEST BIRTHDAY ,I have to say my best birthday is yet to come this oct 17th ,I will have the best birthday ever . I have just got done with my tretments with cancer of the lung .doc said it is going but have to have rad on my brain to be on the safe side. to me to have aother birthday to be here for my famialy and friends .is the greatets to come / I am so happy to hear the cancer is going also for you .that is wonderfull news . I love your blog and your candy blog is so great . I would be honered to win . you have a wonderfull day . hugs sandy.o
littlelou49@aol.com
.

Anonymous said...

YIKES!!!!!!!! DUH! I completely missed your bday!! So sorry my friend...I knew it was coming and then I completely forgot!!! Happy Belated....sure glad you got spoiled...you sooo deserve it! xoxoxo

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails