Saturday, October 8, 2011

Let's Go Shopping!

Happy Saturday to you!  I hope that you have a relaxing weekend that's filled with lots of fun and crafting time :D  Tonight I'm attending a wedding.  The dress I wore to the last wedding I went to was the same dress I wore to another wedding two years earlier.  I'll give you one guess to tell me which dress I'm wearing tonight lol!  But here's the question... will it actually fit???  It was pretty tight last time... I'm hoping I'm hoping I'm hoping... I'll let you know how it goes : )

Yesterday I went shopping with my sweet friend, Vickie.  If you need a good friend who makes you laugh, who is always there for you, and is completely trustworthy... you'll want a friend like Vickie.  God has blessed me with her friendship and love in ways that I could only dream of... truly a God-send friend :D  I hope that you have at least one person in your life that you can share your heart with!

I dedicate my card today to you, Vick...  I thank you and love you with all my heart!!! Let's laugh away the pounds again real soon!

This is an adorable digi by Di's Digi Downloads called Shopping Bear.  She's for the Girly Creations Challenge at Digi Designs Challenge Blog.

I've used copics to color her:  V17 V15 V12 V01; B97 B95 B93 B91; E49 E59 E35 E34 E33 E31 E30 R20.  I was pleased to see that the pearls I made using Viva Decor Paper Pen in Lilac was a pretty good match for this card.

She needed some bling, so I gave her dress and some of the shopping bags two coats of Ice Crystal Glamour Dust Ultra Fine Glitter Paint.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Glamour Dust Paint!  It paints on easy and the glitter doesn't get everywhere!!!  AND you can use it on digi's (unlike Stickles which makes the ink bleed and ruins the image cuz it all ends up looking black!).

A single Wild Orchid flower, encased by a decorative rhinestone corner piece gives a bit of an elegant blingy feel : )  The double charms in the lower corner and white tulle were given to me by a sweet crafty friend... Thank you, Tammy - mwah!!!  This card is being reserved for YOU!

I used a punch around the page set by M.S. with dp by My Mind's Eye, A Beautiful Life.  So what do you think?

The challenge begins today at Digi Designs Challenge Blog - yahoooo!  Get in your Girly Creations so we can see your amazing work : )

Thank you to our sponsor this week which is Crafty Boots who is giving a $10 voucher to the winner!!!  Yay!!!

Challenges Entered:
Pile It On - #40 Do it for Fun!
Simon Says - Sparkle and Bling
Penny's Paper-Crafty - Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey - Punch/Die Cuts
Totally PaperCrafts - Animals
Allsorts - Bear With Us

Update on Candy - Coming Soon!
Here's a sneak peek of one of the goodies someone will win!!!

No... it's not this actual piece.  The winner will receive something BRAND NEW!

Until our next visit...

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul~

18 comments:

Sandra H said...

Hi How lovely of you to dedicate your card to Vick sounds like a lovely friend and l'm sure they will be so pleased to see such a lovely card the image is gorgeous and the colouring is beautifully done too! love the ribbon and all the embellishments its so beautiful:) Sandra H

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Lori! Love that sweet image!!

Anita said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lori and your coloring is always beautiful. Love the tulle and little charms too.

Unknown said...

Wow this is truly stunning!!!!!! Wow love love this card!!!!! What a fabulous job you did !!!! Wow!!!!

papertrails leaver said...

what a fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Penny's for our anything goes challenge. :-) Amy

Rufus said...

What a great friendship! Hope you had a good time at the wedding and the dress fit!
R/

cheryl said...

oh wow lori this is stuning the image the colors the detail is just amazing,stunning coloring hun hugs cherylxxxxxx

Bernie said...

So sweet; your card and your dear friend!
Blessings Bernie

CraftinGranny said...

Such a beautiful card and one she will cherish for a lifetime. I love your blog and can't believe I haven't been here before now. Thanks to CMC I found you and now following. I'm also adding you to my side bar so I didn't miss anymore of your wonderful creations. "Hugs" Carol

Christine said...

Oh how sweet!! I just love the bling bling you put on this card!! Love the image too. How fun to come home with all of those shopping bags. Gorgeous coloring and great card design!!
Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Tracey said...

Such a beautiful card Lori, I love the sparkle & your colouring is just perfect :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Jill said...

What a beautiful card and a darling image!
Love the sparkling bling :)
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck :)
Hugs, Jill

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, cute and elegant. I love the sweet image and bling.

tootsie said...

super pretty card!! Love your bling!!

Thank you for joining us over at The Paper Crafting Journey!

Hugs,
Wendy

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Lori - the image is so sweet.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Ian said...

awww how cute is that image. great card

thanks for joining in our bear theme this week at Allsorts

hugs

Amanda x

Larrik said...

What a beautiful card and a darling image!

Karen Letchworth said...

This card is so cute. I love the little charms hanging on it. You did an amazing job with this!
Thanks for being so sweet about stopping by my blog as well. Have a great day!
Blessings,
Karen

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails