Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Buttons & Bows


We are now on our fourth Challenge at Paper Romance - Whooo Hooo!!!  Thanks to those who've joined us so far : )  We enjoy seeing what you create!

This week, Amy has challenged us to use buttons and bows on our projects.  Here's what I came up with:

I've used this FUN stamp by High Hopes.  It actually is in two pieces - Aunt Can't Canning Jar and Jar Topper.  I stamped with Memento Ink, colored the Jar Topper with copics (B34 B32 B00) and cut out.  To fill the jar with M&Ms, I stamped with various colors and punched them out with a very old circle punch  by Uchida.  The stamp is a little bit bigger than the punch, but this was the closest I had. So then I glued them in place and....

Covered the M&Ms with Diamond Glaze!!!  Yes!  I LOVE this stuff!  It gives 'shiny things' so much more dimension : )  The circle and scalloped circle are cut out with my nesties - I would be lost without these...  The flowers are from Petaloo called Color Me Crazy.  You could color these any color to match your project, but I wanted to keep them white so they would blend in with the background.  .  The sentiment is another 'oldie' I dug up.  My friend gave it to me years ago : )  It's by Annette Allen Watkins.  Oh, I also used my copic marker to color the thread I used for the buttons.  I love my markers!!!  Did ya notice the lil' pearls I added to two of the corners?  I used Viva Decor Pearl Pen in Ice White.  I am really lovin this stuff.  At first I was a little bit intimidated to put it directly on my card, but now I can do it with my eyes closed.  Oops... my nose just got longer hee hee!

Challenge Entered:
High Hopes - Anything Goes

Thank you for coming back to see me.  I do so love our friendship!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~



4 comments:

S.Bayles said...

I cannot believe that I am the first to leave a comment. This is so.....cute.......I have a lot of jellybean paper and a cart that has a jar on it. I had been thinking about doing something like this with jelly beans. I love the glazed look on the M&M's. Great job....
Blog:http://lovethatexpressions.blogspot.com/

Cindy Haffner said...

Super PRETTY Lori, I love it!!

Anonymous said...

What a "sweet" card :-) Love it!

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful card Lori, love the sweeties
luv
Debby

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails