Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's Clay Time!

Yes!  I've finally used CLAY!  I've been wanting to get my hands 'dirty' with clay for the longest time.  Even though there's not a lot of it on this card, I soooooo enjoyed it :)  You can get your own clay Here.  It's super lightweight and easy to work with as it air dries!

Since there's not a whole going on with this card, I'm sure you can spot what I'm talking about.  I think it turned out pretty good.  I asked my hubby if the clay pieces resembled nuts and bolts and he said yes, so that's good enough for me!  After I molded the clay pieces and let them dry, they received a coat of Viva Decor Platinum Inka-Gold.  I wanted a darker silver color, so I topped that with Silver Leafing Pen. 


Pretty cool, huh?  This is Spyder by Victoria Case for SCACD, mini Little Acorns Set.  He's colored with copics:  BG75 BG72 BG32; C9 C7 C5 C2.  Easy!

Take a look at that spider on his hat... Diamond Glaze makes him pop out - ewwwwww!  His eyes and shoes also got a nice coat of Diamond Glaze.  Not much to fuss about on this one.  Quick and to the point, just like the males in my household lol!!!!!!

These fabulous papers are from BasicGrey Oliver Paper Pad.  I love this collection!  It was hard to choose which design to use first!!!  To grunge the paper a bit, I've 'distressed' the edges with Viva Decor Platinum Inka-Gold.  This is very cool stuff.  It's a metal gloss paint that can be applied with a sponge, but I used a paint brush to 'dry brush' the edges of the paper.  Gotta get me some more colors lol!  I hope you've enjoyed my card today : )


Have You Heard?
  • A little bird has also told me that there is a NEW artist coming to town!  I am SOOOOO excited!!!  You know that means some fabulous new stamps - yipppppeeeeeee!

Well... it's (again) waaaay past my bedtime.  My brain has gone to bed without me!  So, I'll see you again very soon.  I have a handful of cards ready to post - yay!


May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~

5 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow lori hun this is just amazing,gosh love that wee chap and those,nuts,bolts are brilliant just love the whole things,perction,hugs cheryl xxx

Serene Designs said...

Hi Lori, Your card is adorable. I love the colours, layout and the design paper. Looks great. I thought the bolts were real ones sawn off until I read your post. Made me want to get my clay out and try having a go at making some new embellishments. Congratulations on your weight loss. You are going great! Have you heard of accupuncture for animals. I know some friends here that had it done for there dogs and it helped a lot. I have had a gorgeous baby cockateil that I hand raised since Christmas and a few hours ago he got out of the house because of my forget fullness (I opened a door in a hurry with him on my shoulder). My little dog wanted to get out. I have been going out, it is 3.15am here all night, walking up and down streets nearby listening for him. Just hoping to hear him. Please pray that he will be safe and come home. So, so worried. I'm going out soon as the sun starts to come up to look for him again. On a Brighter note... I have to say it is always great to read your messages and see the beautiful cards and creations you make. Thankyou so much for sharing your talents. I hope and pray your puppy will get better each day. Bye for now Hugs Maria xxx

Serene Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Oh my word Lori this is absolutely STUNNING!!!! What a gorgeous card! I love love love the clay!!! I'm hoping to play with mine this weekend! You have truly inspired me!!! Beautiful work and LOVE the distressing with the inka gold! LOVE IT!!!! Your ideas are FABULOUS!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Danni said...

wow! how clever and creative! Awesome card!

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails