Thursday, December 16, 2010

New Release Now Available!

It's Thursday and ready or not... Christmas is coming!!! Did you realize that there is just over 1 week until Christmas? Yikes!!! Believe it or not, I just finished decorating the tree! Yes, you may call me Scrooge - Bah Humbug! I don't know what's wrong with me this year... Although I love having the lights up and a festive atmosphere, I certainly was a grump as I hung the stockings! I still need to finish up my shopping ugh...

Well, the update for my hubby with getting his truck driving license is... he didn't pass. He was so frustrated with himself because now he has to start ALL OVER. He was thinking yesterday that he wouldn't go back, but today he is considering going through the school again. I feel like a yo-yo lol! I'm just not looking forward to him being gone so much if he gets a job driving truck blech blech and double blech!!! Please keep us in your prayers! Oh well... if this is God's will for him, I'll just have to see if I can keep myself busy with DT work. That could be fun : )

Today I have a fun new image by Victoria Case for SCACD. This stamp is from The Vault section at Susana's Custom Art & Card Design! When I first saw The Yearling, I thought 'winter' even though she's not bundled up in her snow gear. She very easily could be in another Season such as Autumn or Spring. Can you envision her in the forest along with Thumper? I'm talking about the Bambi movie of course! The Yearling is definitely a darling versatile stamp!

I've stamped the image with Memento ink on Cryogen White and colored with copics. All panels have been stitched with my sewing machine. I think I'm finally getting the hang of it! I really love the look of stitching; I think it adds so much charm!

Here's a close up where you can see that my bottle of Diamond Glaze allowed too much to come out of the tip LOL! Her eyes are very shiny though... I also used my embossing tool to pick up some Diamond Glaze I had poured out on a scrap piece of paper to 'trace' over part of the sentiment. Can you see the Diamond Glaze on the word 'snow'? The papers, mittens and sentiment are from Nitwit. I love how everything coordinates : )

After I printed the precolored mittens, I cut them out and 'distressed' them using Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink and added a bit of Viva Decor Glitter Liner on the ribbon as well as a spot of Diamond Glaze on the button. I decided that they needed to hang on one side of the card, so I glued two pieces of cord the proper length to the back of each mitten and attached the top under the bow and added a button coated with Diamond Glaze on top.

For snow, I made 'snail trails' with Viva Decor Glitter Liner. Her hair bows, collar and cuffs also got a smidge of Glitter Liner. I used my white gel pen for the polka dots and highlights and finished off the card with pearls in the corners using my Opal Paper Pen - which I absolutely LOVE!!!

Challenges Entered:
One Crazy Stamper - Christmas/Winter



You'll also want to pop over to the store blog and see the other new releases NOW AVAILABLE!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you've enjoyed my card!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~

14 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

That stamp is too cute! Love the mittens too!

Crystal said...

OMG Lori I LOVE THIS!! That image is sooo sweet and I LOVE the mittens!

Becky said...

Lori this is adorable and you colored this to perfection.

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Beautiful Lori. Great colors, amazing coloring and the stitching does add so much! Best of everything to you and hubby. I can not imagine his frustration.

My tree has lights, but no decorations yet. Feel better? :)

Kelly Schelske said...

So very sweet Lori, love the colors!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet serene image, Lori! They are precious and your coloring is beautiful! Happy Holidays my friend! big hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Lori!!! I love the mittens on this card and how they match!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Aw Lori!! This is gorgeous!! Such a darling image and I love the coloring and blue!! The mittens match perfectly!!

Dana said...

Wow, Wow and WOW again!! Your coloring on this is gorgeous!! I love your stitching also. It really does add that special touch, doesn't it? Thanks so much for joining in our very first challenge at One Crazy Stamper!!
Hugs~
Dana

Michele Kovack said...

This is such an adorable card! And I agree that your coloring is perfection!

Jacilynn said...

wow, so very cute! love this image. Thanks for joining us at OCS!
Jacilynn

Maria Matter said...

oh Lori, your cards are alwasy so wonderful! I just love this, it's beautiful and your coloring is dreamy!! :)
Wishing you a very blessed and Merry Christmas!!!
xxx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

what a cute card!!!!!!!
happy christmas

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails