Welcome to a new week! Did you have a good weekend? I spent all day Saturday in my jammies :) It felt so good to kick back and play a little in my craft room. I also made some yummy bread in my bread machine. I love fresh baked bread... just smell that delicious aroma - ummmmm...
Did you miss Susana last week? I sure did! But TODAY the store is open-open- open... *nose pressed against the glass window* :) Yay! Susana has geared up and is ready for business with a ton of FUN!!!
Feast your eyes on these new goodies:
- New 6x6 paper pads- Jillibean, Memory Box, Pink Paislee and many more-
- New Dylusions Products
- New Memory Box dies
- Cool new Couture Creations embossing folders
I also have a cute li'l card for ya - imagine that! This sweetie was made for a precious soon-to-be 7 year-old. For her birthday party, she is going to dress up as The Little Mermaid! Isn't that cute?
It's hard to see, but I've used a photo of her quilt to piece a quilt background using Square Swatches Nesties... I wanted this card to be personal and extra special :) I do hope that she likes it!
This is Elania by Sylvia Zet for SCACD.
She's colored with copics: Hair - E35 E33 E31 E50 YR21 YR20; Skin E11 E00 E000; Greens - G85 G82 G40 C4; Pinks - RV34 RV32 RV10 RV00 RV000; Purples - BV04 BV02 BV01 BV00 C4; Rock - E55 E53 E51 E50 C4. Susana now has Shinhan Markers Here. I've embellished the bubbles and parts of Elania's body with Stardust Stickles.
After coloring and die cutting using Rectangle Nesties I covered the whole piece with Ice Silks Acrylic Glaze. I'll have a photo below so you can hopefully see the shimmer this NEW glaze has. As you can see, it's transparent, so your beautiful work will shine through :)
I made extra bubbles using Transparent Gloss Gel (also for her eyes). I love this gel! It holds it's shape and in the right light, you can see the sparkle through it! Awesome product!
I know you can't see it here, but I also gave the swirl a couple of coats of Ice Silks. It's not overpowering, but gives quite a nice shimmer. To that, I added more 'bubbles' with the Gloss Gel.
She's popped up with dimensionals, but everything else is put together with ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever. Yes, I will say it again, this really IS the BEST GLUE EVER! I've never used glue to put a card together... until recently when Susana brought in Best Glue Ever. Here's why I love it:
- You only need a small amount to hold your layers together - a little goes a long way.
- It does NOT wrinkle the paper... at all!
- It dries clear and is flexible. I've used glues in the past that crack and crumble :(
- Depending on the card, I have used approximately 5 feet of adhesive - for 1 card! That adds up to a lot of adhesive and a lot of money. When I try to skimp, I find things don't hold as well...
- I can position my paper and adjust it as necessary. Can't do that with adhesive without ripping your paper!
- I don't have to reload a difficult 'gun' - believe me, that saves me a TON of time lol!
- It's just plain convenient! I'm gonna buy stock in this stuff :)
Here's the photo that shows the shimmer on everything. I hope you can see it on the white. The Ice Silks gives it an elegant look!
See? Everything is good and stuck on the card base! Even the heavier ribbon topped charm and pin are not going anywhere lol!
I hope you've enjoyed a peek at what I've been creating lately. I will soon have some links for ya so you can see more NEW coming up for SCACD!!! Tell Susana that I sent ya :)
I love you, my sweet friends ♥
May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul~