Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Button Button Who's Got the Button?

Welcome back friends! I do hope that you've been having many, many good days :) As I get older, I realize that I simply can't take anything (or anyone) for granted. The truth is that tomorrow is not promised to us, but we can know Who holds the future if we belong to Jesus Christ

I've been having some extremely hard days... I received some excruciating news about someone that I have no control over. BUT, I have Jesus by my side encouraging me and showing me step by step how to heal. I'll be going back to counseling (I'm a veteran by now lol!) hopefully soon and I KNOW that Godly Wisdom is going to help in many areas of my life!

As Jesus walks me through this next phase of my life, I'll be posting some insights. I KNOW that there are quite a few of you who struggle with depression and/or anxiety. I've got to tell you that I'm the Queen of this type of struggle. I'm definitely NOT where I used to be...praise God...but I DO know very well the darkness that exists in that place!

As always, feel free to skip over all this :) Does not apply...blah blah blah lol! Take what you need and leave the rest!

Let's go onto fun, crafty things!!! Inky Impressions has a new challenge up today. It's all about Buttons. I love buttons!!! You know me...I've got to have some in EVERY color LOL!!!


I've used the adorable, Angelica Crafting. She's colored up with copics - LOTS of copics lol...Skin - E25 E11 E000; Hair - YR24 Y26 Y23 E50; Pinks - R89 R83 R81 RV00 and RV04 RV02; Reds - R29 R27 R24 R22; Yellows - Y15 Y13 Y11; Pants - B97 B95 B93 B91 B00; Misc. - E33 E30; C7 C5 C4 C2 C1; Chalk for her cheeks.



To create the button behind Angelica, I simply die cut and embossed two circles, punching out the holes in the center with my huge hole punch and eyelet setter... duh... I can't remember what it's called hahaha. Anyway, don't look too close as this tool ate up my eyelets. No joke - they used to be white lol.

The cute li'l scissors charm is adhered with Glossy Accents. I have a confession to make... I never really believed that Glossy Accents would hold such an embellishment. I decided to give it a try though - guess what? I'm a believer now :)


I got brave and wrote the sentiment by hand! EEEK! Maybe could have used a thicker pen... Oh well! I am soooo pleased to be able to emboss a whole piece of 5"x5" cardstock now! I used my new Cuttlebug really BIG embossing folder :) It's called Polka Dot Page and is 5.5" x 12". I also have Damask Brocade which is very pretty.

Bling Bling Bling!!! Lots of Stickles on this card. LOVE


I'd like to enter the following Challenges:
Kaboodle Doodles - Ink or Paint
MarkerPop - Lovely Locks
Oozak - Anything Goes with Texture
Inky Chicks - Summer Colors
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations - Anything Goes
Simon Says - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for taking a peek! Stay strong... and let's grow together!!!

Would you like $30 to spend on Saturated Canary Digis? Find out more HERE.

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul~



18 comments:

JACKIE said...

Stunning card...love the large button on the centre...would you mind if I snagged the idea for a sweet 16 card I have to make...its a daunting task as have to make 9 cards all for the same girl...new ideas like yours will hopefully inspire me to get them all unique...hugs and happy crafting
Jackie xx

Sandra H said...

Wow this is awesome! beautiful coloured image and gorgeous embellis l just love those sissors everything about your card is stunning x

Amy A said...

Lori, this is so cute!! Your coloring is amazing! Love everything about it! :)

~Amy

Jenée said...

I don't know what's the deal, but each week your card is just a black square on our Inky blog. It is such a shame, too, because your work is outstanding! Your coloring is superb, and the card is lovely!

Samantha Casey said...

Very nice coloring! Amazing job! Thank you for joining us for the Oozak Challenge!

-Samantha

Liz's creative corner said...

hi hun, wow gorgeous card, love your colouring and design, must start using my embossing folders more, they never see light of day lol,

hope your ok hun, you may know or not that I had a breast cancer op on 1st March this year, healing ok thank god, sending you loving thoughts, take care, hugs Liz xx

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Lori :-) the image is very cute and I love the HUGE button ! FAB ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

NGCARDS said...

Beautiful card hun! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Danni said...

Hugs!! I adore this card! So creative and just the sweetest!!

Ime said...

great card!!! love the image and coloring!! thanks for joining us at kabodle doodles

Fran said...

Great card , thank you for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles this week xxx

Sarah J Moerman said...

Adorable card! Such a sweet image! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Chitra Nair said...

Beautiful coloring and such a lovely card...Thanks for sharing with us at PTT..

Mrs A. said...

What an absolutely adorable image. I have not come across her before. Your colouring is fab and I just love that huge big button . Hugs Mrs a.

The Gov. said...

This is just adorable! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge blog!

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

Such a sweet, adorable card!

The image is so cute and coloured in beautifully.

Happy Crafing!!! :) X X

alethea said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at CYP! HUgsxx

Laine Kammeraad said...

Wow Lori - your card is adorable and the image is soooo cute!! I love the coloring. Everything just pops off the page. Love your blog and can't wait to see what else you create.

With smiles

Laine Kammeraad

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails