Friday, February 19, 2010

Dance Like No One's Looking

Happy Happy Friday!!!  Yay... the weekend is just around the corner!  I am so glad because I really need to get caught up.  You know how it is when you're just running around like a chicken with it's head cut off - ewww!  But seriously, I've been so busy doing 'stuff' that the things I really need to get done haven't gotten done!  So, it looks like I'm gonna have a work weekend - but it will feel soooo good when it's done : )

On to my DT card for Prairie Fairy...  It is time for another Fairy Fun Friday Challenge.  Can you believe that we are now on Week 7?  Where has all that time gone?  I have a confession... I did make a card for this week, but I got lost and I don't know exactly what the challenge is {gasp!}.  So, I hope you can still find some inspiration here, even though I didn't follow instructions!
 
This image is also from the Prima Ballerina digital download at Prairie Fairy Designs.  You get both images for only $5.00!  Isn't the Fairy wonderful?  I've colored her with copics:  Pinks:  RV81 RV83 RV85  R39; Grays:  C00 C0 C01 C02 C03.  For dimension and shine on her nose and ballet slippers, I added Diamond Glaze (also on the pink flower petals)

 
Stardust Stickles on her tutu and around the doily heart!  I keep forgetting that when I add stickles on an image that I've printed (not stamped) the ink bleeds into the stickles so it looks dark.  Don't do what I do, do what I say - lol!
 
Again, I've colored and cut out the tutu and popped up just the bottom and curled up the ends.
  
I now have flower jewelry - yay!!!  Thank you, Linda, for letting me know about Bizzy Becs : )  I also found some from Stamp and Create, so I'm not sure where this particular piece came from.  I added the pink gem in the center from my stash.  The white flower is from Bazzill and I used MS Hydrangea Punches with the same dp and cs as I used on the card.  Stitched around the edges, layered the heart doily with coordinating dp, punched the lace border with another MS punch and used one of my fav ribbons from Michael's (I know, I know... I use it ALL the time!)  I just bought more today - hee hee!  Finished the card with the silver 'pearls' (what do you call those?) and the pink and green gems - ta da!!! lol!

These are the challenges I'm entering this week:

Whew!  I can now head to bed -lol!  Gotta get up to work out in about 7 hours {sigh}.  I really NEED it... Why is it that the older you get, the harder it is to keep the weight off?  I mean, I don't think I eat that much - except maybe chocolate - ha ha ha ha.  Oh well...

Have a fantabulous weekend, my friends : )

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~



25 comments:

cheryl said...

oh lori hun this is so cute love the little fellow great flowers too hun hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxx

Guylaine Seyer said...

very pretty cute card

Sharon said...

Aw she reminds me of Angelina Ballerina. Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at CCT.x

Kelly said...

I love your layering and your coloring. Great card!!

Stef H said...

oh i love it! that tutu is just fabulous and the colors and the flowers and the ribbon.... i love it!

gina g said...

This is beautiful i love the sweet image and the beautiful colours. Thanks for joining the Sophisti-cats Challenge this week. luv gina xx

Unknown said...

Too funny Lori! It was buttons and brads! Just photoshop one in LOL!! All kidding aside, What and adorable card!

xoxox

Good Kardma by Jules said...

What a lovely card - love the doily and what you did to the tutu!

Audrey said...

I love that dancing mouse. That flower is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

Tkat said...

i love these little mice stamps!!! they're so adorable!!! :) great card! :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Lori! Love the layers of course the image is darling!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Lori this is awesome love the image and your colours and design are a pure delight.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Anjou Krelovich said...

Just adorable Lori! Love the sweet image and all the details you added to the card are fabulous. Wonderful entry to Digital Tuesday this week! Thanks for visiting! Hugs, Anjou

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Lori, hopefully I can leave you a comment tonight,Jim's messed about with it so here goes he he,I loveyour image hun, and the shoes look fab, great colours too,hugs Liz xx

Maylee said...

Such a sweet card! Gorgeous coloring. Thanks for joining us at YNS Challenge!

Maylee

LORi said...

Love love love this adorable card!!
So happy you shared with The Pink Elephant this week!!

HUGS - LORi

The Pink Elephant Blog

Rosanne said...

Very sweet! Thanks for Piling It On!

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling card, Lori!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at The Pink Elephant!!
Sheri-TPE DT

Carolyn Bounds said...

What a BEAUTIFUL creation:o) I love the colors you selected...the pretty rose paper...and your wonderfully colored image!! This darling, little ballerina looks as if she could dance right off the page:o) SO very sweet!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

chris said...

Hi there Lori
this is something else.
i love the way her skirt pops up at the bottom, its perfect.
hugs chris xx

Milnie said...

ohhhh the mouse is just adorable!

Hugs and have a nice sunday!!

LINDA said...

OH I LOVE IT!!! the little mouse is just darling.. love the colors and all the details are just wonderful...
Hugs, Linda

Maria Matter said...

Hi Lori!

I do the headless chicken dance quite often too!...actually it seems to be a constant state lately! lol

Love your card hun! Pretty colors and an adorable image!!!

take care
Blessings, Maria

Susie Sugar said...

Your card is beautiful and your stitching is so neat , lovely colours too
Hugs Susie xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Lori, such a sweet image and your colouring is beautiful as always, loving the bling girl lol
love n hugs Mandy xx

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails