Sunday, September 5, 2010

Furry Friends Challenge

The clock is ticking...  not only to tell me that Sunday is over and evening is beginning, but I only have three more days until I officially start First Place 4 Health.  I have conflicting emotions over this.  I WANT to eat cake (thanks to Mandy and Liz lol!) but I NEED to get this extra baggage off my body!!!  Ho hum.  I need to find a widget for my weight loss count down.  Anybody have a good one?

My card today is for Paper Romance Challenge (which started on Thursday).  My sweet teamie Angela has given us the challenge of "Furry Friends."  I'm so glad that she decided on using animals on our cards this week 'cuz that's exactly what I had lol!

Here's Night Time Bear by Melissa Jenkins.  Isn't he sweet?  I wanna pick him up and cuddle him lol!  I'm entering this card at Just Cute Bears Challenge - Let's Go Dotty.

He's colored with copics.  I'm sorry I didn't keep track of the browns I used... the blues are:  B97 B95 B93 B91; reds - R22 R20; yellows - YR24 Y15 Y13 Y11.  His ball of fluff at the end of his hat is covered with sparkly fluff.

Papers are 7 gypsies savannah collection.  I recolored the ribbon using Vintage Photo Distress Ink and added a metal slide.  I tried to make this 'male approved' lol!  You know how hard it is to embellish male cards (at least for me).  The sentiment stamp says, 'dear FRIEND' but I chopped off the dear part and used only the FRIEND.  Is it OK to use a heart on a guy card?  I figured it was sorta like an animal head mounted on the wall... you know what I mean?  The ones with the really big antlers or horns?  Well, this is a big ol' bear paw - arghhhhhh!  hee hee...

You still have time to enter this week's Furry Friends challenge at Paper Romance Challenge Blog.  You might be the winner of a $5.00 Gift Certificate to Paper Romance!!!  If you upload to an online gallery, please use the keyword prc14.

** Paper Romance News **
Paper Romance is now carrying the new High Hopes line designed by Laurie Furnell. Oh my gosh they are the cutest images ever! You have to check it out at the store!

Thanks for popping in to check on me :)  I adore our chats!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~

8 comments:

Loz said...

Ooh, I love this, the colours are perfect together and he is just adorbale!! I think this is a perfect male card... even with that gorgeous little heart paw... too cute!
Have a great day ♥

Squirrel x said...

I just ADORE your bear! I agree with wanting to cuddle him, bless. Stunning card, the colours are fab, and why not have a heart on a male card - they still want to be loved don't they? Superb hun. Hugs, Sxx

Ann English said...

This is terrific! Love your image and love the details in your card!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card,such a cute image and beautifully coloured too...thanks for joining us this week at Just Cute Bears...

Take care
San x

Anonymous said...

Another "awe!!!!!!!!!" card Lori!! LOL This little guy is sooo cute with his socks!! Love it! xoxox

Angelwood said...

So adorable, Lori! I love all the details of your card with that sweet buckle and eyelets! Perfect colors for a masculine card! Your coloring always "knocks my socks off." ;) hugs, Angela

Andrea Murdock said...

How do you keep churning out perfect card after perfect card girl!!! I adore this card- makes me feel all warm and fuzzy hee hee. And thank you sooo much for the bloggy award xoxo

Helen said...

Awww...this is adorable!
Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears!
Helen x

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails