Thursday, September 16, 2010

Make a Wish for Try It Out *T*

Oh my... I haven't posted for a week!  I bet you thought I went a.w.a.l.  I've been busy working on some orders mostly... Today I'm heading down to the Verizon Store.  My phone died - and I JUST got it a few weeks ago!!!  Isn't that irritating?  I understand when things get old and broken, but this is almost brand new... what's up with that?  Needless to say, I will NOT be getting the same phone grrrrrrr!

For this week's Try It Out *T*, Suzanne has given us the challenge of creating a shaped card - anything other than a square or rectangle.  I defaulted to round lol!  I was thinking about making a baby bottle or apron shaped card, but decided to make this cute scallop shape instead.  It fits nicely in an A2 size envelope (thanks Suzanne for clarifying the A2 size hee hee).  I used the largest scallop nestie to create my card base.

I've used one of the ADORABLE fairies Susana carries in her store.  It is a clear Pergamano stamp which comes in a set of 3 fairies in addition to lots of little critter friends!  You can find it Here.  She's the perfect size and shape for this card!  Yipppppeeee :)

No surprises... yes, she's colored with copics lol!  Greens:  YG45 YG41 YG0000; Oranges: YR02 YR01 YR00 YR000; Browns:  E57 E53 E51 E50; Yellows: Y15 Y13; Hair:  E35 E34 YR21 YR20; Skin: E11 E21 E00.

After coloring, I gave her wings some bling with Viva Decor Glitter Liner as well as a few accent areas and around the scallop.  For a little extra pizazzzzzz, I added a portion of a rhinestone swirl.

These gorgeous papers are KAISERCRAFT Secret Bird Society Collection.  They come with die cuts too!  The original tag was larger...I just cut it down to size.  Don't you just love cute little things? If it's small, I always think it's cute lol!  Sentiment is from Stampin Up!, button and thread from my stash...

Have you joined us in the shape challenge this week?  You'll want to check out the delish eye candy over at Follow Your Heart where the SCACD girls have created some amazing inspirational pieces for you to enjoy!

***It's Shopping Time***

Lots more goodies in at Susana's Custom Art & Card Design!  Feast your eyes on this...


BasicGrey Paper Pads - Jovial, Pyrus and Wander- yummy colors...
K & Co. Metal Frames - You have to see these!

NEVER BEFORE SEEN...
Elisabeth Bell for SCACD - unmounted, deeply etched red rubber stamp
I Will Leave the Light On - I HAVE to have this!!!


Stay tuned... Lots more FUN to come hee hee!!!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~

15 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Great job colouring and love the design!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Crystal said...

AWWW Lori this is sooo sweet, I just love round cards...I made one today too...teehee!!! Beautiful work girl!

Mandy said...

Hi lori,
So pleased your ok wondered where you had got to...This is beautiful love the gorgeous image and as always the colouring and embellishments are perfect...
Mandy xx

Lori said...

Totally exquisite, I love the orange and green, and well your colouring is always amazing. And circles, woohoo! My favourite kind of card. hope you're doing well!

Shazza said...

this is lovely x

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Absolutely STUNNING Lori! I love these stamps more now I have seen you create with them. They are much better than pictured!!!

noomiy said...

Amazing card! You coloured it perfect! :)

Renkata said...

Lori, you have created such an adorable card. Love the image from Pergamano. So cute.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lori
A gorgeous card,
hugs Dianne xx :)

Cindy Haffner said...

So so PRETTY!

Mary Lou said...

Hi Lori~~awhhh these little fairies are adorable!!
Great creations--love the colors and all the glitz:)
Beautiful!!!!
Blessings

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous work hunny, loving this. Oh, you might want to email me sweetie, you might just have won some LOTV candy ..... God bless, Squirrel xx

Anonymous said...

Wowwee Lori, Awesome card - a real treat for the eye...
Hugs and kisses

Becky said...

This is stunning Lori, beautiful colors and wonderful coloring.

Kim said...

Lori this is amazing hun! Love what you did with this amazing fairy...love the Pergamano stamps!!! Great work hun!
Hugs~ Kim

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails