Thursday, September 9, 2010

TLC Try It Out *T*

Wwwwweeeeeeeeeee....... what a ride it's been lol!  I can't believe it's already Thursday!!!  Have you noticed that life continues to move forward whether or not you bought the ticket AND got on the plane?  I believe that God has much to do in and through us in these days and sometimes it feels like He is moving things at a snail's pace - other times faster than lightning!  One thing I DO know... He is always in control and desires all people to come to Him for eternal life.  What else could be more important than one's eternal destiny???  I'm praying that YOU have eternal life through Jesus Christ.  He says, 'I am the way, and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me.'  John 14:6

There is so much going on in the world and so many hurting people...  My heart breaks!  I do thank God for bringing people like you into my life and for blessing me with this crafting community - many days, THIS is what keeps me sane lol!  So... with the thought of those who are ill, I've made a card using Sketch Saturday's sketch to hopefully cheer them up :D




This week, Suzanne has challenged us to use 2 papers, 2 products and 2 embellishments on our Try It Out *T* projects.  Come join us, I'm having a blast!!!


The image is called TLC by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD Animapeeps Collection.  She's lovingly holding and caring for her dolly!  Doesn't it make you want to go give someone a hug?  Someone needs a hug, I say!  Maybe it's you... [HUG]

Challenges Entered:
Sketch Saturday - sketch
Alphabet Challenge - Scallops
Twisted Thursday - Animals
Pear Tree Designs - Animals
365 Cards Day 191 - All Creatures Great and Small
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Animal Crackers
Freshed Brewed - Brown
Cowgirl Sunday - Anything Goes



I've used the following copics to color in TLC:  Browns - E18 E17 E15 E13; Greens - G28 G24 G21 G20.  I added a touch of Gold Spica Pen to her eyelid for a bit of sparkle.  For LOTS of sparkle and for my first product,  I used Viva Decor Glitter Liner.  I think I've pretty much covered the whole card lol!

I've used Diamond Glaze on the eyes and shoes for 'product #2'.  For one of my two embellishments, I used a Maya Road Chipboard blossom which I 'smooshed' into a brown inkpad, then gave it a good coat of Glitter Liner.  The flower on top was from my stash.  I distressed it a bit with Antique Photo and touched the ends with Glitter Liner.  So even though the flowers are separate, they are glued together as one.  So I'm counting that as one :)


Papers are KAISERCRAFT Hippy Girl Collection.  I've even covered the lines on the dp with Glitter Liner!   I LOVE this stuff hee hee.  It can get into even a small area and will leave trails of glitter lines - so cool!  The ribbon was sheer white with spots... I distressed it with Antique Photo, edged and dotted it with Glitter Liner.  Does that count as a second embellishment?  Hmmmm... I think ribbon is pretty much a 'staple' for me, so for my second embellishment I'm claiming the sparkly buttons!  Guess what I used to make them so sparkly... lol!


I hope that you've found some love, comfort, a few laughs and a little inspiration here today!  I thoroughly enjoy our visits and look forward to seeing you every time : )


May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~









15 comments:

Creativek(shraddha) said...

Such a cute cute image and card!I love the bow and the flower!

Becky said...

This is just adorable.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lori
A gorgeous card and a cute image,
hugs Dianne xx :)

stephanne said...

Awwwww, so cute!!! The image is just too cute and I love the earthy colours spiced up with glitter, very nice!!
hugs, stephanne

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Lori, just gorgeous hu, love all the details, gorgeous colouring as usual too, you need to catch that plane to see what I got from the craft show he he,hugs Liz xx

Danni said...

This is gorgeous Lori!! Wonderful card!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Lori this is beautiful the papers, colours and design are gorgeous so is that adorable image I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

stampingmarianne said...

Another great card from your hand! The colors are amazing. Again it pops out! And the polka dot background fits so welll!
Thanks for playing along at cowgirl sunday challenge!
marianne

Anonymous said...

Cute image and so beautifully coloured.Lovely paper choice.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs :D
Lisa x

Poppet said...

Great card Lori, I love the texture you have got on the fur for the cute little image.

Thank you for sharing your card with us at CSSC and we hope to see you next week for our Christmas Cards for Soldiers event. :-) xx

Leonie said...

Beautiful card Lori! Love the cute image and the papers you used are very pretty!
Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday!

Leonie xx

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh How Precious! What an adorably sweet image and I love the brown and green color combo!

Thanks for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges.

Heather Dennis
Fresh Brewed Designs

Pam said...

Adorable!!! The craftsmanship is wonderful. I love all the sparkles :)

Pam said...

Awwww - love it!

Anonymous said...

This card totally tugs at my heart....Lori - can't tell you enough how incredibly SWEET this card is....have a wonderful day :-)

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails