Thursday, September 30, 2010

SCACD Palooza Blog Hop!

Good morning friends!  It's a wonderful day for a Blog Hop...  I'm so glad that you are here : )  If you've come from Marti's blog and her fabulous work, you are right on track, if you'd like to start at the beginning, it's Here.

I ADORE this new image by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD from the mini Sampler Edition #1 set.  I love angels and everything they symbolize, so I'm very excited to be able to showcase her for ya!  I'd like to introduce Angel of Hope...

Isn't she beautiful?  I chose to create a holiday/winter theme with her, but she could be used ANY time of year for ANY occasion!  I am going to use her again to create a card of encouragement for a friend who is going through a difficult time.

I've colored her beautiful, flowing hair with copics E35 E34 YR21 YR20.  Her wings are colored with YR21 and a touch of E34, then generously coated with Viva Decor Glitter Liner.  When that dried, I GENTLY dabbed more color on top.  Oh so sparkly!!!


I think that I've created my own style with this card - it's called elegant grunge LOL!  The 'put your sunglasses on,' bright sparkles around the edges of the card is Gold 3D Glitter-Gel.  The blue roses were not the shade I wanted, so I added some white gel pen to tone them down and then some Gold 3D Glitter-Gel to tie it all together!

So did ya notice that I don't have one speck of dp in this card?  Unusual for me, but it was a good challenge!  For texture on the white cs, I used my 5 x 7 embossing folder.  I love that size!  Now I wish that all my EFs were bigger...

The big, beautiful, ribbon and bow share the spotlight with Angel of Hope.  Isn't it pretty?  Gold half pearls set in the corners finish off this elegant grunge creation.

You can buy all the new stamps today either from Susana’s Custom Art & Card Design in the US
OR in the UK from Quixotic Paperie!


Your next stop is Anki!

In case you've lost your way, here's the Hop list:

Lori (you are here!)
Anki

Thanks so much for taking a peek!  I hope that you've enjoyed your visit : )

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~


17 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

That's a beautiful image! I love all the sparkle on her wings!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Lori
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Anonymous said...

this is one magnificent card - every bit of it!!!!!

Anki said...

Love all the sparks and it's just beautiful! Kramis - Anki

Anne said...

This is so beautiful, very christmasy with all the colden sparcle. Amazing!

Hugs.

Iris Wiechmann said...

Beautiful card and so elegant. Love all the glitz to it!

Hugs,
Iris

Diane said...

Really beautiful card and I love all the gold!
Diane x

Renkata said...

wow Lori,
amazing card, Beautifly coloured and such a gorgeous ribbon.

Alexandra Lundgren said...

WOWZERS! Gorgeous card, but the image is STUNNING! the wings and hair- oh my!!! You are inspiring as always Lori!!!

Sue said...

WOW - awesome card!

Kim said...

WOW Lori this is absolutely stunning hun! Your friend is going to love love love it!!! Love all the shimmer and sparkle!! Gorgeous!
Hugs~ Kim

Danni said...

So very pretty!! Love all the gold accenting the card!

Lorraine said...

wow this card is so beautiful and has a wonderful elegance to it xx

Becky said...

This is stunning, love the glitter and colors.

Christine Riley said...

wow, this is beautiful! That bow is stunning and I love this new image from SCACD. Love the beautiful glitter on the wings.
Hugs, Christine

AdoraBella said...

The only words I can say are: I Love It. Really I just love it. The colors matched perfectly with this adorable angle. And this big ribbon.. I lost my eye on it.
Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

This card is stunning Lori! I love the gold in the ribbon and wings....wowie!

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails