Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Midnight Madness Challenge

Dumb, dumb, dumb I say!!!  I suppose I didn't read ALL of the words on the Midnight Madness Challenge Blog.  I had printed out the sketch with Dec. 22 as the deadline... oops!  I think it was supposed to be in by Sunday.  Oh well - ha ha!  I'm posting this anyway :D

This is a digi I purchased called Baking Betty from Pink Cat Studio.  Since the challenge was a baking theme, I thought this would work nicely :D  What do you think?  Betty, surrounded by circles and scallops is inserted into the diagonal pocket.  A recipe can be found on the back of Betty for Apple Pie - yummy!!!



I used the Textile Cuttlebug Embossing Folder which I received from my lovely friend, Linda and the dp is called Eskimo Kisses by Basic Grey which I received from my lovely friend, Suzanne!  Oh, and the Martha Stewart Hydranga punch is also from Suzanne.  Have I been blessed or what?  Thank you so much girls!!!  I've used my nesties for the circles and scallop.  Betty is colored with copics and accented with stardust stickles.  A little more stickles around the inner circle as well as the dots around the scallop and the copic edged flowers.  Lace, ribbon and gems added and it's good to go!  Oh so easy...


...and a little better view of Betty and her sparkles!


...and a close up of how easy it is to add a bit of color with copics!

Can you believe that I haven't inked up my Magnolias yet?  I KNOW... Some of you must be shocked!  Well, I'm gonna get out my ink pad and get stampin.  I can't wait - lol!

Thank you so much for your love and support.  I really do mean that!  I'm sending BIG cyber hugs to you - MWAH!!!

Don't forget my blog candy :D  Only 9 more days until my DH picks out two winners - UNLESS 33 more followers arrive - hee hee!  It's lookin like I just might have to get out the BIG prize for 150 followers - yahoo!!!


See ya'll tomorrow!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~ 



9 comments:

Carolyn said...

What a sweet and beautiful card. I love the colors and the dp and all of the pretty deatils. Thank you for playing with us at the MMSC. Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Carolyn
MMSC DT

Phyllis said...

WELCOME to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. We are so happy that you have found us and decided to play!! What a lovely card. Wonderful colors and your designer papers are great!! Just a precious image. The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Welcome! What a lovely card, love the lace , image, papers, dry embossing - WOW. Hope you will join us again at Midnight Madness, enjoy the Holidays. Jane

Jane MMSC DT

Jennifer said...

Your card is beautiful, Lori. I Love the details and that digi stamp. You have some nice friends.

Priscilla said...

Hello Lori, Welcome to our challenges.. You made the deadline, so no worries :) Your card is just adorable and you are very talented. Your attention to details is remarkable :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madess sketch challenge with us this week :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lori
A gorgeous card,
Hugs Dianne xx

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Lori - I have to say that your LOVE LOVE LOVE for cardmaking shows in your work - each of your card is gorgeous and this one is no exception! Love that image and all of that embossing - gorgeous - and the lace - I am partial to lace - your card is just lovely! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we appreciate your support and love your cards! We look forward to seeing what you do next! Happy Christmas Lori, to you and your family!!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Unknown said...

Too cute! Wow your coloring is fabulous!

Roberta

Carol Hurlock said...

Hi Lori...I love this fabulous card. The embossing is beautiful and your image is so sweet. Lovely dp and colors to. Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.

Carol
MMSC-DT

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails