Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Princess Kitty

Happy Wednesday!  Only one more day until New Year's Eve...  Then BAM - it's 2010!!!  I think it's time to practice positive thinking, at least for those of us who are over let's say... 40ish - hee hee!  Ok, stay with me here.  Repeat after me, "I am not old."  Actually, that's stated in the negative, hmmmm.  Let's try again, "I am getting better and wiser with each passing year."  Yes, that's it!  The Bible says that even though our bodies are outwardly wasting away, our spirits are being renewed.  Oh, praise God!  "Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Sam. 16:7  May our hearts be pure before You, LORD : )

Now that I feel sooooo much better, I'd like to introduce you to Princess Kitty.  This oh so cute digi is from Karen's Doodles.  You can find PK as well as other adorable images Here.



I colored this specifically for the Copic Buzz Design Team Call on Paper Craft Planet since I didn't have anything with animals (a requirement).  Then I discovered that Creative Card Crew's theme is anything goes and is also holding a DT Call... and Charisma Cardz theme is anything but Christmas!  Well, we'll see what happens :D

Here are the deets on this card:
Copic markers (duh...)
Stardust and Silver Stickles for tiara, collar and tag
Pink Spica for "eyeshadow" and accents on collar
Diamond Glaze on eyes
Label 8 nesties
CB flower embossing folder
ribbon, flower from stash

This is a quick and easy card to put together.  Here's a better view of my fav sparkles!!!



I like how the Diamond Glaze really makes the eyes "pop."  I added a little Stardust Stickles for eyeshadow, then after it dried, I applied the pink spica pen.  I was amazed that the color showed up so well because it was gray before...

So there you have Miss P.K.  I don't have a real one, but if I did, I think she would look just like this, tiara and all - LOL!  As it is, I have a little prince.  Well, don't tell him that, he thinks he's a king!!!  Oh what we do for our little furbabies : )

Let's see... two more days until I can post my DT card for Fussy and Fancy Challenge.  I've been getting a little sneak peek at the other DTs cards.  You are in for a real treat!  Don't forget to check in on Friday, January 1.  It's gonna be a Fussy and Fancy New Year : D

See ya tomorrow, my friends!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~


20 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Lori,

I love Princess Kitty and I love positive thinking as a 40+ year old with two under 6 year olds one has to be!!!!!

Happy New Year hun

Hugs Ali x

Unknown said...

gorgeous card, I love Princess Kitty & your colouring is fab!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan xx

Linda said...

Hi Lori

What a beautiful card, i love it.

hugs Linda

Margreet said...

Hi Lori..stunning card and your colouring is just fabulous!

Thanks very much for your lovely words on my entry as guestdesigner at Prairie Fairy...it made my blush...and I'm far over 40.......LOL

Wish you all the best for 2010!
xxx Margreet

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lori
A gorgeous card,
Hugs Dianne xx

Lexi said...

well i don't care i'm having a second 29th birthday in feb...29 the yr after that and again the yr after that...who says you can't stay young forever! lol

Fab card! I wish i could colour like that but i have literally only last month bought pro markers so i guess i will get there with time...princess kitty looks gorgeous i do love her images.

Hugs Lexi xxx

Wishcraft said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Love how you've coloured the image and the fab bright colours you used. Lisa x

Sally said...

Great card. Now thats a cat with an attitude. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz. Happy New Year!

Allison said...

lovely card,great image thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Doodle Queen said...

Lori: This card is FABULOUS!!! I LOVE what you did with my Kitty image,especially all the glitter accents!! Your blended the colors so well,she looks exactly like the Princess I imagined when I drew her. Love, Love, Love her!
Hugs, Karen

Crystal said...

this is BEAUTIFUL! the detail is just gorgeous and that is one fabulous kitty! you are so talented! hugs!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lori gosh this is a stunning card that kitty looks a very expensive one all that glitter suits her lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Mandy said...

Oh Lori this is stunning hunny, your colouring is so beautiful and I love the sweet image.
After being 19 for several years I decided I'm proud of my grey hairs and wrinkles, after 22 years of marriage and 2 kids I've flipping well earnt them lol
Lots of Love and hugs Mandy xx

cheryl said...

oh hun this is such an adorable image so love it and your detail wow hun you are amzing love love it hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

Milnie said...

ow wow! Your Princess is Gorgeous!!! Love the glitters and the image!!! thank you for stopping by!!

hugs

Unknown said...

Fab job you copic queen!

LINDA said...

Beautiful card... HAPPY NEW YEAR and best wishes for 2010..
Hugs, Linda

Lovely Linda said...

Oh how adorable is this kitty - love your colouring and the colours you have used - that bling is just gorgeous!! Great card Lori! Thanks for sharing - I am loving this! God bless you and your family in 2010! {{{hugs}}}

Paula said...

Wow Lori this is beautiful your work is stunning. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Jana M. said...

Oh Lori! I love this. Beautifully colored, too. Love the colors.

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails