Friday, April 23, 2010

Always My Sister, My Friend

Today my heart is heavy...  I've read two updates on CaringBridge for Kate McRae (see link in my sidebar).  This little girl has gone through sooo much.  More surgery today.  Kate and her family needs your prayers!  Today also is a funeral for one of her friends who lost his battle with cancer.  Just a young boy...  We take so many things for granted.  What's really important is building and strengthening relationships!  Especially our relationship with Jesus!  He is our ONLY Hope...

Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for You are the One I praise.  Jeremiah 17:14

I have prayed this verse countless times in the past... God has indeed healed me over and over!  This is for you, Kate.  May JESUS comfort you and bring joy to your heart! xoxo

Now...how do I follow with a silly ol' card?  But, share I must!  This is Sugarplum Fairies from Prairie Fairy Designs.  I usually just glitter the wings, but this time I wanted to use some color.  Hmmm... not sure.  What do you think?  Do you like the wings better with color and glitter or glitter alone?  I've used the sketch from Sketchy Colors - #20

The challenge this week at Fairy Fun Fridays is DISTRESSING!  Ha... oops...  I'm so sorry, Roberta!  You should kick me off your DT!  Oh wait, I almost am off your DT - hee hee!!  I really am sorry though.  I blew it again... (sigh).  I'm gonna miss you A LOT!

Copics
E21 E00 E000 R20
E29 E25 E31
V17 V15 V12 V000
BG18 BG13 BG10 BG000
G17 G14 G12
Digital Stamp:  Sugarplum Fairies
DP:  Flower Shower by DCWV
Glamour Dust:  DecoArt
Lace:  Stamp and Create
Nesties:  Oval
Pearls and Ribbon from stash
Sentiment:  Computer
You'll surely want to check out the awesome cards from the rest of the DT.  Also, have you seen the NEW DT for Prairie Fairy?  Roberta listed them on Sunday.  Congratulations, ladies!!!  You'll have a blast with the Fairy : )  Just follow directions and you'll be good to go - lol!!!

Thank you for coming to visit me today!  I'll have another card for two different challenges later today.

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul~

Lori

9 comments:

Wishcraft said...

Beautiful - your colouring is stunning! I love the wings :o) Lisa x

cheryl said...

wow this is just amazing hun your coluring wow amazing hugs cheryl xxxx

Kelly said...

Distressed or not, this card is exquisite. I love everything about it and the wings are awesome.

Unknown said...

Yep! You are fired!


xoxoxoxo
Love the card distressing or no!

My prayers are for the little ones!

xooxoxox

Kelly Schelske said...

I usually glitter the wings too, but this looks great, love it Lori!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Lori,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Marianne said...

Wow, what a beautiful card!!
I love the image, your colouring and the glitter.

Thank you so much for joining Sketchy Colors, and lots of luck!

Hugs, Marianne:)

Cor* said...

Very true we take many things for granted! My thoughts are with Kate & her family!

I like the wings. Color & glitter, or just glitter either way, it always looks good when you do it!

hugsxoxo

Cor* said...

PS-will miss you on the DT !!

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails