Thursday, April 8, 2010

It's Molly InStyle!

It's a beautiful (Fri)day in the neighborhood, a beautiful (Fri)day in the neighborhood...  won't you be my neighbor?  Does that ring a bell?  It's Mr. Rogers!  Don't tell me that you are not old enough to remember!  Yikes!  How funny it is when you remember random, useless information at the drop of a hat, but can't remember your address.  Noooooo, that has never happened to me - yet - hee hee!  But let me tell you a story about my sister...  Just kidding!

Today is Fussy & Fancy Friday Challenge.  Yippee!  The lovely and oh so talented, Mindy Baxter has cooked up this amazingly FUN sketch for us to follow.  Uh oh.  I wonder if I deleted that too... hee hee!  If you read my post from yesterday, you'll remember that there was an inspiration photo that was nowhere to be found.  Yep, my computer ate it - honest! 
Here it is.  Isn't this sketch fab?  I reeeeeeealllly like it!  I definitely will be using this again.

And here we have Molly from InStyle Stamps.  Isn't she a cutie-pie?  Thank you, InStyle Stamps, for letting me play with her!  She fits perfectly with the pink, white and black theme.  She's been shopping and even has energy to burn!  I wonder what crafting goodies she has in those bags?  I could give her a long list I tell ya!

Copics
RV34 RV32 RV11 RV10 RV000
E21 E11 E00 E000 R20
C9 C7 C5
Diamond Glaze:  eyes and shoes
Atyou Spica Pen:  Silver
Stardust Stickles
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder:  Textile
MS lace border punch
Nesties:  oval

Here's a view so you can see what I did with the Stardust Stickles.  I got brave and made my own design on the white strip.  It just looked so blah being plain ol' white, so I gave it a little bling!  So tell me, do they actually make nesties that I could cut 1/4" bigger?  Again, I traced the size I needed and cut it out with scissors (don't look that close...).  I have gotten so used to these wonderful Nestabilities, I get cranky when I have to cut something out with scissors - hee hee!

Challenges Entered:
Simple Doodles - Layers
Kaboodle - Digi Girl

So now that you've heard me whine long enough, pop on over to the Fussy & Fancy Friday Challenge where you'll see tons of delish inspiration from the girlies!

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!  Maybe I'll actually get my act together and take a photo of some goodies I've been storing up for ya...  Soon - I promise!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~

Lori

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty, i love the colour combination you've used, and that pink damask paper is divine. Love the stickled border you created, compliments the texture of the white card beautifully.

Gorgeous work :)

Suzi
xxx

Rufus said...

Yup, old enough to remember Mr. Rodgers, gotta tell you I thought he was creepy. To sweet! Love the card, if she needs anymore ideas for the craft list, I'd be glad to help out! Your hand created stickles border is just perfect.
R/

Anonymous said...

I love the color combo, and your coloring is gorgeous as always! That embossed background is perfect with this paper--I love your attention to detail! Is that a black velvet bow? Love it! Beautiful card, Lori!
Hugs,
April

Faye said...

What a totally adorable card, love what you've done with the stickles, that's a lovely touch. I too, like that sketch. Thanks for playing with us at Kaboodles Lori. x

Jill said...

Just love that MS punch and the image and colours of your card are great! Thanks for joining us as Kaboodledoodles this week. Jill

Rose said...

oh i loved watching mr rodgers :) your card is so pretty and what a cute image. So glad you played along with us for our layering challenge on Simple Doodles :)

mudmaven said...

Very cute card - love the colors and such an adorable image! Thanks for playing our Kaboodle Doodle challenge this round. ~chris

Unknown said...

very cute, thanks so much for playing along with the SD challenge.
Trish

Lilacanglia said...

absolutely gorgeous,
Thanks for joining in at Kaboodle Doodles this week,
Hugs
Angie

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails