Thursday, April 1, 2010

I Gotta Lie Down!

Just me again...  this is my second post for today, so if you are looking for Karen's Doodles Easter Blog Hop, see below.  Thanks!

Do you have a love/hate relationship with exercising?  I did for a long time, but I'm actually beginning to like it - I know... what's wrong with me? lol!  I do see the benefits and it really is a great stress reliever!  I am happy to report that I am still going to the gym at least 4-5 times each week.  After surgery five months ago, I wondered if I ever would have energy again - ha ha!  God is faithful and is restoring me back to health as He promised : )

I have an exercise card for ya today!  What?!?!  Oh, you'll like it, I promise!  So, tomorrow is another Fairy Fun Fridays Challenge.  Come play with us!  This week the Fairy has challenged to use texture on our projects.  This was sooooo much fun for me.  I kept adding and getting new ideas.  Here is Lazy Boxer Beary.

I think Roberta intended this to be a 'male' bear, but it just screamed for pink - hee hee!  So why doesn't she have a top on?  I'm glad you asked!  You see, since I had a double mastectomy, I am officially allowed to go topless - LOL!!!  Not really... but it sounds good!  So, I'm being rebellious and making this Miss Lazy Boxer Beary.

Texture... lots of it!  I used pink Sparkly Fluff on her slippers, polar white Flower Soft for her tail (yes, it's white, but I colored it with my copics!) and gave her a pink satin waistband.  The ruffly background with ribbon is more texture AND you may not be able to see it, but I went around the polka dots on the dp with my embossing tool to give it a little more texture!

...and the inside!  Don'tcha just love it?

Now it's your turn!  Join in the fun and show us your texture projects.  Here's the link to Fairy Fun Fridays.  You'll see tons of inspiration from the lovely DT while you're there.  Go ahead and give em some love : )

Next up...  It's Easter!  Only three more days here in the US.

He is Risen, my friends!!!  The Resurrected Jesus is alive through those who believe.  I pray that you are among 'those who believe.'  I love you!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~
Lori

12 comments:

Chelsea said...

Hahaha! I love it all, the cute image and the fun sentiment! A great idea on using white flower soft and adding your own color. I enjoy visiting your blog. ~Chelsea

Lori said...

Totally love it!!!! Those slippers are tdf, where can I get a pair? Love her as a girl bear!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Lori! Now it's my turn to see if you knew you won from http://sgtstamper.com/blog/ from the copic creations blog candy. Woo hoo friend!

Gini

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lori
A gorgeous card,
hugs Dianne xx

Maria Therese said...

Tihi what a cutie!!

Stempeltiger said...

Such a very beautiful card!
The little bear is soooo CUTE!
Enjoy the easter weekend.
Hugs
Swantje

Linda . J said...

Wow I love it Lori, she looks so cute and love the slippers, perfect.
Hugs Linda

Unknown said...

Oh Lori, what can I say! I mean WOWZERS! You crack me up, LOVE IT! Sexy pink beary, I know you made him miss beary but he looks like a big hunk of sexy pink burning love to me!

Yuk Yuk!

xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori! WOW is right!!! There is sooo much detail to this adorable card - I'm CRAZY about the slippers, the waistband and your coloring - as always - is PERFECTION!!!!! I just love the "girl" version too!!!

cheryl said...

oh this is so cute hun,fab sentiment too hope you and your hubby really enjoy the start of a new life together wishing you all my love,hugs cheryl xxxx

Crystal said...

SO GORGEOUS! love it! so pretty, and soft, and feminine...and perfect! just heart that pink fluffy stuff on her slippers! and the sentiment is fab too! hugs girl!

Kelly Schelske said...

Ha! Love this Lori!

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails