Monday, April 12, 2010

You are an Angel

Rain, rain, go away...come again another day.  Can you tell that I love to sing? lol!  I honestly don't mind when it rains.  My only request is that it rains at night!  Well, today I plan to cut some fabric for a quilt with my friend, so I don't mind if it rains all day.  But can I order some sun for Tuesday?

I haven't quilted in a long time.  I still have a couple of unfinished quilts (yikes!).  One needs the backing, quilting and binding; one just needs the binding; and the one I'm making for me has been a long work in progress...I finished the applique on the blocks, but all the sewing needs to be done.  Oh well, I'll always have something to do - lol!

Today I've made a card featuring Karen's Doodles Angel.  She's a FREEBIE!  Isn't that cool?  Karen is so sweet and generous!  Thank you, Karen!
This week at Karen's Doodles US Challenge Blog there is a sketch for you to follow.  This was nice and easy - I really enjoyed putting this together.  Here's what you could win:
 Copics
E21 E00 E000 R20
W5 W3 W1
Y21 E31 E25
Digital Image:  Karen's Doodles - Angel
Glamour Dust:  DecoArt
Circle/Scallop Punches:  Paper Shapers
Pearls:  MS
Ribbon and button:  Michael's

Isn't she beautiful?  I love how the Glamour Dust sparkles!  This is the first time I've used it.  My sweet friend, Mandy, uses it all the time and I was searching all over creation trying to find it.  Well, I finally ordered it from DecoArt - yay!  But then, you'll never guess... I found it on the shelf at my local Michael's - grrrrr!  I looked and looked, but they never had it.  Then one day... there it was.  Oh well.  I'll probably never need it again cuz I bought 5 bottles - hee hee!

So that's my drama for the day.  I pray you are well and that the sun is shining down on you!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~

Lori

12 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lori
A beautiful card,
hugs Dianne xx

Mandy said...

Hello my lovely friend, your card is stunning hun, beautifully coloured and I love, love, love the sparkle. OMG 5 bottles you crazy woman, I'm not even half way through my first bottle so you should have enough to last until you're about 112 lol.
My baby sis and mommy were admiring your beautiful cards at the weekend, neither craft but like to look at my blog and wanted to know what other blogs were worth a visit so naturally we all popped over to you for a visit.
Have a great week hunny, I hope you get your sunshine
love n hugs Mandy xx

Peggie said...

Very pretty. Love the way you colored the angel's dress. And I have several quilts in the same stages as you. I really need to get going on the one for my youngest so she can take it to college with her.

shulsart said...

What a beautiful card, Lori. I love all the sparkle on the angel and your shading on her gown is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful. Im soo in love with this.

Kelly Schelske said...

Very pretty Lori! She is colored so pretty! love it!

Lilian said...

Gorgeous Lori! Love the shimmer of her wings too. :)

Jennifer said...

Lori, your card is so BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for your kind words. I always mean to stop by the Fussy and Fancy DT but with so many entries they really take a lot of time to comment. I really need to stop by more often. Your blog is truly inspiring. God Bless you too.

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Beautiful card! Fab colouring. I luv all the glitter on her wings.

xoxo,
Lori

Tracy said...

All that glitter is stunning! Love it
Hugs'Tracy

Christine Riley said...

Oh my goodness, Lori, this is stunning! Your coloring is gorgeous and I love the glitter you added to the wings. What a gorgeous, elegant card, I love it!
Hugs, Christine

Susie Sugar said...

This is a beautiful card Lori really special so delicate and soft with just enough sparkle its lovely
Hugs Susie xx
do you have another blog ? I dropped by to see the card you made for us last week I wanted to leave you a lovely comment but I can't find it I think I might need new glasses !!he he
Love Susie xx

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails