Friday, April 23, 2010

One Card, Two Challenges!

See post below for Prairie Fairy...

Are you glad it's Friday?  I am.  It's been a long week!  I feel like getting in my jammies and curling up with a good book.  I just might have a little time to do that tonight, but for now, I've got a zillion things to do - lol!

How bout you?  Do you have plans this weekend?  Saturday is a big day for me.  We are sponsoring the Beth Moore Simulcast, "So Long, Insecurity."  Have you seen this book in bookstores?  If you are in the Modesto, California area and want to come, the event is FREE (free will offering)!  Please call NOW at 209-602-4286 to reserve your seat.  Because lunch is provided, we'd like to know how many mouths to feed...  we don't want to run out of food!

Since I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, I've had to combine a DT card for two different challenges this week.  Fussy and Fancy Fridays theme is Birthday - and also using something sweet.  i {heart} copics challenge #11 is to use two dps and color with copics (of course) three gems, brads, flowers or chipboard.  Can you tell which one I colored?

 Sweet Cupcake Carli by Sassy Studio Designs


Copics
Available at i {heart} papers
E11 E00 E000 R20
R85 R83 R81
E29 E25 E31
Y11 Y00 Y000
Digital Stamp:  Sweet Cupcake Carli
Brown Liquid Applique
Dew Drops:  The Robin's Nest
Mini Roses:  Prima
MS punch
Nesties:  Oval and Scallop
Ribbon from stash

I'm not sure if I'll have time to find challenges to enter this week.  If I do, I'll edit this post!  So... I've given you three challenges today - surely one of them is perfect for that card you've been putting off.  
Here's a recap:
Fairy Fun Fridays - distressing (but I didn't follow instructions... AGAIN!)
Fussy and Fancy Fridays - birthday, with a twist of using something sweet
i {heart} copics - 2 dps, and 3 gems, brads, flowers or chipboard colored with copics

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends  : )  I love you!!!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~

Lori


9 comments:

LINDA said...

Hi Lori, This is such a pretty card..The cupcake looks good enough to eat..Fab coloring.. hugs, Linda

Justine said...

Lori this is so YUMMY, I love what you did with that cupcake.
BTW, the image at the top of your blog is amazing, I assume you colored her. WOW

cheryl said...

wow this is a beauty hun love it so much,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Stampin Mindy said...

This is darling! I love all the layers and papers. Your coloring is just beautiful, so are the flowers. Hugs!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lori
A gorgeous card,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Stef H said...

oh is this ever a beauty! your coloring is amazing!

Loz said...

Hi Lori! I love this card! The papers are so perfect and I need some of those sassy images!! Hope you had a great weekend xx

Cor* said...

What a gorgeous, saucy lil card here girl!Yeehaw! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, yummy! I love these papers, flowers and the chocolate "icing" on her cupcake! You've colored this image so beautifully! This is a perfectly gorgeous card to inspire others to play along with our challenge!
Hugs,
April

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails