Sunday, April 11, 2010

Giggle...

Happy Sunday!  I can't believe that the sun is out one day and the next is cold and windy - brrrrrrrr!  I need my sunshine...  Well, today after church, I'm gonna curl up with my dogie and read a good book - well, uh... after I get my DT card done for Karen's Doodles.  Just when I thought I was caught up, something else comes up and I feel behind again (sigh).  BUT, I am still having fun.  I love creating and getting my hands inky and gluey.  Isn't it so much fun trying new products and ideas?

Today I've used the fab sketch (again) from Chris at Simon Says Stamp.  They are having a challenge on Paper Craft Planet Here.  You have until the 18th to submit your card using this sketch.  Come on, join in the fun : )

I chose to feature Bubble Bath Bradley on my card today.  He's one of the new High Hopes stamps from Paper Romance.  If you want to add this adorable stamp to your collection, head on over to see Amy.  She'll fix ya right up!

Copics
E18 E17 E13 E00 E000 R20
C9 C7 C5
Y15 Y13 Y11
YR09 YR07 YR04 YR02
B05 B02 B01 B000
Stamp:  Bubble Bath Bradley from Paper Romance
Paper: DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack
Spellbinders:  Shapeabilities Label
Quickutz embossing folder:  Polka Dots from i {heart}papers
Bubbles: White Liquid Applique
Diamond Glaze
Buttons and eyelets from stash

To distress and accentuate the polka dots, I used a sanding tool that looks like a short, wide nail file which was included in the Making Memories Tool Kit II from Michael's.  For the bubbles, I was pleasantly surprised with the Liquid Applique!!!  Until I was able to buy Liquid Applique, I tried puff paint.  It did puff up, but was a totally different consistency and I didn't feel that I had much control.  I highly suggest buying the Liquid Applique, especially for smaller areas.  I noticed that 7 Kids College Fund has a ton of colors to choose from and they are only $2.89 each.  Such a good deal, I think!

Challenges entered:
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Male inspired
Lots To Do - Embossing folder & liquid applique
Simon Says - Card for a child
The Pixie Cottage - Embossing
C.R.A.F.T. - buttons


Thanks for stopping by!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~

Lori

11 comments:

Lori said...

What can I say - your amazing!!!! Those bubbles look so real, and the sanding effect is perfect for more bubbles effect, totally awesome!!!!

Tini A. said...

Oh Lori, that´s really a cute card! Well done! Hugs Tini

Di said...

WOW Lori, i have just found your blog through a Dt call you had using one of my Digi's. It is really beautiful and i have posted it on my site with a link to you.
I am doing a Dt call over on my blog if your interested i would love you to come on board.

Hugs Di xxxxxx

cheryl said...

oh lori hun this is just brilliant love the colurs you have used,the detail is just amazing too thanks so much hun for joining us over at the pixie cottage hope to see you again love hugs cheryl xxxx

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Lori! Love it!

Kelly said...

Lori, beautiful card, I really like the bubbles effects.

Stef H said...

fabulous! your liquid applique looks awesome. i'm a puff paint girl myself!

i {heart} papers said...

Adorable!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous card
Lori
hugs Dianne xx

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

Hi Lori!! Adorable card!! Love the bubbles!!

Danderella said...

I love the Liquid Applique...I haven't played with mine in forever. I wouldn't even have thought to use it for bubble, but you totally worked it! I'm inspired to try it!

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails