Thursday, April 15, 2010

For Your Birthday!

Hey there!  Just little ol' me again...  I hope that your week has been going well.  Today I see sunshine - yay!  We even have the backdoor open (gasp!).  As I am preparing this post, my DH is cooking.  Backyard on the grill we have some yummy smelling chicken cooking.  I cooked (if you could call it that - lol!) the past three days, so I told him that he could cook today.  He really is a good cook.  Much better than I will ever be!  You know what?  I am totally OK with that : )

Did you know that Prairie Fairy is having a Design Team Call?  You have until Midnight on Friday, April 16 to enter.  Winners will be announced on Sunday, April 18.  Roberta is the BEST Fairy in town, I tell ya  : )  Why not give it a try? 

I have a totally FUN card to show you today.  I've used Gerry's Birthday Set.  This digital set comes from Prairie Fairy Designs and includes a giraffe, gifts and an adorable cake - which I obviously didn't use this time.

The challenge this week at Fairy Fun Fridays is to use eyelets and string.  I don't mind telling ya that I had a terrible time with this card.  It was one of those days that nothing was coming together.  This is the third image I colored...  It was my fault the other images didn't turn out.  They were UGLY!  The colors I used were really, really bad - lol!  I finally settled on this.  At least the colors complement each other!!!  The most fun I had was doing the eyelets.  That part went flawlessly - whew!
I finally planned ahead of time (because Roberta gave us this great challenge) where I wanted to place the eyelets.  I marked on the dp and hammered away!  Usually, I have the papers glued down and then realize that it's too late to include them.

...and here's Gerry!  Isn't he cute?  I love him all ready to party with his hat and big bow tie.  Don'tcha just want to take him home with ya?
Copics
E37 E35 E33 E31 E18 E15 E13
B37 B34 B32
Yellow atyou Spica pen
Stardust Stickles
Yellow eyelets
White embroidery thread
Offray Ribbon

It's now time to eat that scrumptious dinner awaiting me...  I wish you could have a taste too.  I'll let you know how it is : )

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~

Lori

12 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh Lori, what a fantastic job you did on this card.
Love it
Hugs
Tracy

Rufus said...

This a absolutely adorable!
R/

Lori said...

Lori if I could get my eyelets as perfect as these I'd use them everyday, another stunning card. your work is so fabulous!!!!

Unknown said...

Too cute Lori! Love the denim!

xoxox

Louise F NZ said...

Those eyelets look fab! Great childrens card Lori, I love the giraffe.

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh just the cutest!!

Jackie Randolph said...

Lori - this is adorable! Love the eyelets and string, and of course who could resist that adorable little guy!

Wishcraft said...

Oh my goodness, this is wonderful! And look how good you are with the eyelets - fantastic! Lisa x

Cor* said...

OMG I totally love what you did with the DP, eyelets, string and of course coloring!! So fun!!

Kelly said...

Lori, the dotted ribbon and paper go together perfectly, I love the denim DP it really shows off your beautifully colored giraffe.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Oh my, wow! This is fabulous! I love it so much! Gorgeous coloring! and the eyelet/string combo is to die for! Great job :)

hugs, margie

Crystal said...

this is one amazing card lori! love so many things about it! first, your coloring is phenomenal! just unbelievable! you are so talented! and i adore how you used the eyelets to lace up the paper you had torn. what a perfect touch! the colors are amazing together too! big hugs!

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails