Thursday, April 8, 2010

In the Garden

Oh... yesterday was sooooo beautiful!  The sun was shining, the temperature was perfect.  I even went for a bike ride with DH!  I'm thinking that today will be just as nice.  Not too hot, not too cold.  I love Spring!  It is my favorite time of the year.

Tomorrow is Fairy Fun Fridays Challenge, but I have two other cards I need to post, so I'm posting this a little early.  We have an inspiration photo for the Challenge this week.  You'd think that this would be a good place to insert that photo, wouldn't ya?  Ok... so here's my story.  It all started when I was just a wee little babe.  I wouldn't do that to ya :)  The real story is that I deleted it.  How boring is that?  Oooops!  I just keep making mistakes.  I'm gettin reeeeeeeal good at it too - lol!

I do have a card to show ya today.  At least I didn't delete that, thank goodness!
I've used the fab digi image from Prairie Fairy Designs "In the Garden".  Isn't it gorgeous?  You'll just have to believe me when I tell you that this card has inspiration photo written all over it - ha ha!  In case you need to see to believe, head on over to Fairy Fun Fridays to see what Roberta and the DT have cooked up using the (invisible) photo as inspiration...

Copics
RV34 RV32 RV11 RV10 RV00
E31 E18 E17 E13
G28 G24 G21 G20

It may look like I've placed the nesties cut oval on top of the dp, but actually, I cut the oval from the dp and placed the image behind it - like a picture frame.  The rim around the oval was achieved by cutting the oval shape as usual, but then I left the die in place and traced around the outside edge.  I carefully cut the thin "rim" and glued on top of the dp.  Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink was used around all edges.  Maybe you have an easier way to frame the oval.  I'm all ears!  Tell me your tips and tricks.  I only have one set of ovals though...

Challenges Entered:
Creative Card Crew - Vintage
Cute Card Thursday - Mono Mania

That's it for me today.  Thank you for stopping by and saying "Hi".

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~

Lori


10 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lori
A beautiful card,
hugs Dianne xx

Denimo said...

OMGoodness Lori! What a beautiful card! Perfect coloring, DPs, embellies, everything! LOVE it!

jhet said...

Lovely card! I've stumbled upon your blog and your cards are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Have a blessed day!

/jhet

Cor* said...

First of all- Great card at the top of your blog! Looks amazing
Secondly- LOVE the invisibility of the inspiration photo! (you crack me up)
Thirdly- good for you for being early. I haven't even thought of what I am going to do!
Lastly-Your card is absolutely amazing from coloring, paper, picture framed image and sketch (& flowers & pearls & so forth and so on). Woohoo!!!

Mandy said...

Hi Lori,
I'm back...I have caught up with everything...I love this card..Love the frame,paper and your colouring is perfect...Hope your well..
Mandy xx

LINDA said...

Simply gorgeous!! very lovely work.. Love it!!
Hugs, Linda

Crystal said...

absolutely beautiful! i love the romantic feel of the card and all the variations of pink you used! so pretty! hugs!

cheryl said...

wow lori this is just stunning,love that image and your colouring its just brilliant hugs cheryl xxxxx

Unknown said...

Deadly gorgeous Lori! WOWEEE! LOVE it!

xoxox

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

This one is a stunner! I love the framing that you did! Your coloring and everything about it is perfect! This one is one of my faves!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
hugs, margie

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails