Monday, April 19, 2010

Perfect for a Lil' Fairy

Mark it on your calenders!!!  It's true... I cooked today - ha ha ha ha ha.  No, really - it's funny!  I actually made chicken enchiladas.  Wow - yay me!  AND I completed my DT card for Karen's Doodles.  But, sadly... there is a but... I have to be up and ready to leave the house in the morning by 6:00 {gasp!}.  That's practically the middle of the night for me - lol!  Ok... this is a good challenge for me.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me  Phil. 4:13.  (You know that I need a lot of strength, Lord!)  I'll let you know how it goes.  My DH, SIL and I are going to Georgetown which is about an hour and a half drive.  We'll have breakfast when we get there.  See?  Things are looking up already : )

I had soooooo much fun making this card.  A friend had asked me to make a card for her SIL baby shower.  I know, I know... this isn't technically a "baby" card, but it's the theme of the nursery, so it's perfect!  I can still "slap on" a baby sentiment before I give it to her.  I needed to get this in on time, so you are seeing the almost done version.  I still love the way it came out!

Today is another Karen's Doodles US Challenge.  We have a recipe challenge for ya this week:  2 dp, 1 ribbon, 3 brads/gems and a border.  Fun!!!  Please check out the rules on the blog and enter your creation.  Remember, there will be three prizes given away:
I've used Fairy Princess on my card today.  She is soooo adorable!  Gotta love that bling!!!

Copics
BV04 BV02 BV01 BV00
B18 B16 B14 B12 B000
YR24 Y21 Y11
E11 E21 E00 E000 R20
Digi Stamp - Fairy Princess:  Karen's Doodles
DP - Princess:  D.A.I.S.I.E. Company
Glamour Dust:  DecoArt
Ribbon, brad and gems:  Michael's
Mini Roses:  Prima
Large Rose and Head Pin:  Wild Orchid Crafts
MS border punch

Here you can see the dimension of her 'skirt'.  I cut out and colored a second skirt, curled up the ends and glued it on top of the first image.

Challenges Entered:

Have a wonderful day, my friends!  I'll see ya back here tomorrow.

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~

Lori



21 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi Lori,
This is beautiful,I love the colour theme and the image is adorable..Fab layout as well...
Mandy xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Lori, thiught I'd come a visiting in case you thought I'd forgotten about you lol, lovely card hun, super colouring have a lovely day, hugs Liz xx

Denimo said...

Oh Lori, this is absolutely wonderful! I just bought this little gal myself. You've given me quite the inspiration!! THANKS!

Lori said...

Another beauty! 6am - yuck! Thanks for the eyelet tips, I think the crop o dile is too rough and may switch to the old style, and you can call me Nut Bar anyday!!!!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful.

Stampin Mindy said...

This is adorable, Beautiful coloring. I just love the coloring she looks like she shines!

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Beautiful! Fav colour. Luv the colour scheme and the cute paper.

xoxo,
Lori

Juanita said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. I love the "shine" in her hair and all the sparkle is so perfect for a princess.

Kelly Schelske said...

I love this Lori, fab color combo too! Gorgeous purple ribbon!

Cor* said...

OMG I absolutely love what you did with the skirt. Layering it like that! & all the glitter & sparkles! Fit for a princess!

Danni said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love everything about it!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Kimberly S said...

Wow, what a perfect card! Your coloring is amazing, the colors are so pretty and that image is just darling! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Flutter By Wednesday! :)

Risa said...

What a beautiful card Lori! Your image is colored to perfection and your detailing is fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at KLSNS!
hugs
Risa:)

Brandi said...

This is beautimus! I adore the dimension and the color... fabulous! Thanks for fluttering with us. :)

Lacey Stephens said...

wow! Lori, your work is fantastic!! I am really in love with all of your projects. If I had the time, I would leave a comment on them all! But I'm actually here to tell you...congratulations!! You won my Weekly Wednesday Candy...the Rachelle Anne Miller Bunny stamp!! Please email me at LaceySoLiving@bellsouth.net with your address, and I will send this out to you!! Thank you for linking my candy!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Love the purple, and the coloring is amazing. Thanks for your sweet Birthday Wish. ~Chelsea

shulsart said...

Just adorable, Lori. I love all the extra bling, she is just so sparkly and cute.

Diane said...

Wowzers! Your card is gorgeous and your coloring is fabulous!!!!
Love everything about it!!!

Kelly L said...

Lovely colors, sweet image, beautiful coloring and shading and most importantly for our challenge, terrific sparkly bling!! :) LOL Thanks for joining us at KL Stampin N Scrappin for Risa's bling challenge. Hugs, Kel :)

Jen said...

What a cute image! Gorgeous colours and sparkle.
Thanks for joining the ABC Challenge this week.
Hugs
Jen x

Anonymous said...

another cute card, love the colours too! Thanks for joining us on the ABC Challenge this time, Samantha :0)

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails