Monday, July 19, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fu-un!

Good morning!!!  It's another fabulous week in sauna world...  You'd think with all this heat that I would drop a few pounds.  Instead, I do believe that I've gained a few more - ugh, ugh and double ugh!!!  Well, I've ordered the First Place 4 Health starter kit.  It should be here in about a week or so.  I AM determined to eat healthier and I think I've even convinced my hubby to join me! Yay!!!!!!  Do you think being able to eat at Arby's for lunch one day on the Summer Plan had anything to do with him agreeing?  Oh... he is such a meat n potatoes kind of guy.  Vegetables?  The only green thing that enters his mouth is a lime flavored Popsicle - hee hee!

Today's card features 'Fun in the Pool' which makes me think of summertime treats such as a Popsicle!!! She's all set for fun in the Sun! 

Don't ya just love this sketch?  It's this week's challenge at Karen's Doodles US.  I think I should use it again : )  I do like how this card turned out... orange is not one of the colors I turn to most often, but I think it works and I really want to continue spreading my wing colors lol!

If you enter this week, here's what you could win!!!
She's of course colored with copics:  Hair - E25 E31 E50; Skin - E11 E21; Bathing Suit and snorkel - BG 13 BG 10 BG000; Ducky - Y15 Y13 Y11 Y00 and Y38 Y35 Y32 and BG01; Pool - Y38 Y35 Y32 and BG01 BG000; Grass - G28 G24 G21 G20.  Susana has convenient copic bundles in stock!  She even has tutorials by Suzanne J. Dean showing how to color with them.  Thanks Susana and Suzanne!!!

The lil' pumpkin's snorkel and water in the pool has a nice coat of Diamond Glaze on top.  When the Diamond Glaze dried, I added some BLING here and there with Viva Decor Glitter Liner.  I love how the water looks with the added glitter.  It's like the sun is dancing on the water!  Thanks to my teamie, Kim!!!  Kim has a great Water Tutorial using these products Here.

DP is Flower Shower Spring Stack by DCWV.  Here you can see the various layers and dimension.  Flowers are made with Nellie Snellen Punches and Embossing Punches with a brad in the center.  Viva Decor Glitter Liner on the petals gives the flowers more interest since I chose to use just one color.  Other tools I've used are:  Fiskars border punch, Cuttlebug Swirls embossing folder, Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities.  I've finally gotten on the Tim Holtz distress ink (Broken China) and blending tool train : )  I LOVE this tool.  It is soooo much easier to use than the little sponge 'thingies' I was using!  The last touch was to add a few matching rhinestones.

If you're still with me...lol...I'd like to ask for prayer.  This little girl has been on my heart for some time now.  You can find her story Here.

Kate McRae needs your prayers.  She's already gone through so much (as well as her family).  If you could spare a few minutes, I'd really appreciate it!!!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~

10 comments:

Renkata said...

Lori, this little girls sure have fun in the pool. Very funny summer card.

Mandy said...

Hey sweetie, your card is absolutely gorgeous just for a change lol, love the image you've used and the papers and flowers are perfect for the summer theme, & as always your colouring is amazing.
Keep cool my lovely friend and enjoy the veggies
love n hugs Mandy xxxx

Sophie said...

Wow!! Very beautiful card!!!

Crystal said...

Oh my word Lori this is FANTASTIC!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your papers, those flowers and how you colored up this cutie...Wow what a great and fun creation!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lori
A gorgeous card,beautfiul colours,
hugs Dianne xx :)

cheryl said...

oh wow lori this is just stunning the coulrs are just perfect hugs cheryl xxxxx

shulsart said...

Oh, this is just too cute. love the bright happy colors and the diamond glaze is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Your card is stunning Lori! I love what you did with the flowers and thanks for that tutorial too! The water looks soooooooo real!

Will pray for Kate....that little face is so precious!!

Have a great week my friend! Hugs, Cole xoxoxx

bernietom47 said...

Oh Lori my heart just aches for little Kate and her family. I am adding them all to my prayer list.

Your cards is such fun. I love the 'glass' in her mask and it looks as though the water will splash off the page. Orange is not a color I work well with but you did a superb job.
Hugs & Blessings
Bernie

Mirabelka said...

fantastic card!
I reflects the summer spirit so well

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails