Thursday, July 1, 2010

Try It Out Thursday #74

* To see my card for CLP Challenge, click Here *

Welcome my friends!  Today is the first day of July (to my Canadian friends, "Happy Canada Day!")...the next thing we know it will be Christmas - yikes!  Can someone please tell me who is taking all this time?  It's certainly not camping out at my house lol!

Today is also the LAST day to enter my candy Here.  Winner will be announced July 2!

Well, I promised you a project with a product that I've never used before.  This week's Try It Out Thursday is to use Flower Soft as well as a sketch.  I actually have used the Polar White Flower Soft for snow before (sorry, I lied - but not intentionally - I forgot!).  I wasn't sure what I was going to do this week, but this GORGEOUS stamp by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD kept calling my name!!!  Have you check out the NEW RELEASE yet?  I'm tellin ya that you're missing out...


This is Carousel Dreams by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD Sampler Edition #5.  Isn't it a beaut?  She's stamped with Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black.  It's the only ink I stamp with...  I had so much FUN coloring her.  How do I know that it's a girl?  By the color pink, silly!!! lol!!!  My fave copics were used to color her:  Horse - E59 E53 E51 E50, Mane, Tail, Hooves, Pole - E18 E17 E15 E 13, Reigns, Saddle - RV34, RV32 RV11 RV10 RV00, Leaves - G28 G21 G20.  I didn't color the flowers, but applied glue and Flower Soft in Ultra Fine Raspberry Fizz.  The border punch is from Fiskars.

Beautiful Memory Box dp (Gossamer) adorns the kraft cs.  The front is shorter than the back, but I see that my photography is lacking to show you that detail properly...  When it's closed, you can still see the background paper, pearls and punched pieces.  I hope you can see the dimension of the Flower Soft, it really stands out!

The whole card received a few spritz's of Maya Mist in Iridescent Pearl.  It is sooooo pretty!  It gives everything a nice shimmer!  The gorgeous roses were also given a bit of Stardust Stickles for extra bling : )  You know that I can't make a card without it lol!!!

Here's the fabulous sketch for Try It Out *T* #74.  Come join us!!!
*New Product Alert*

Websters Pages including vellum/die cuts
Lockhart Stamps New Release (these are a must see!!!)
Oliver and Olivia from BasicGrey - 6 x 6 paper pads

Challenges Entered:

I hope you enjoyed my card as much as I enjoyed making it!

Until next time...

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~


30 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lori
A stunning card and a beautiful image,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Margreet said...

gorgeous card with lovely details, Lori....love your colouring of that fab horse!
xxx Margreet

Chelsea said...

Lori, this is just simply Amazing!
The use of flower soft is so gorgeous!
Oh I just love this card!
Luv,
Chelsea

Danni said...

This is so gorgeous!! Wow...just stunning!

Anne said...

What a sweet and fun card!
Love the image.

Hugs, Anne.

Elise said...

Lori! This is simply STUNNING! oh my gosh! Amazing work on this! I love the colors and you've coloured this image GORGEOUSLY!!!! Wow! I love love love it!

Big Hugs to you!
Elise

Clare Brown said...

wow simply stunning.I love your added flowersoft detailing.Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at abc and be sure to join us next week when y is for....

hugs Clare x

Sassy Scrapper said...

Omgosh I love carousel horses and yours is gorgeous! The flower soft looks amazing! Beautiful card!
Hugs Bonnie

coldwaters2 said...

Stunning creation Lori the colours and design are so beautiful and I adore that image.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kim said...

Lori this is so beautiful! I love how you have used the sketch!! How ou have added the bow and pearl to the horsey pole is such a fantastic idea! Gorgeous coloring and splendid work on your card!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Cindy Haffner said...

Lori this is so so BEAUTIFUL.

Jane H said...

I love your Horse she's beautiful and I love the SCACD stamp i keep looking at the new set! but, I just bought two sets :(

Cheryl said...

OMG! Your card is fabulous! I love the details and your coloring is amazing.

Have a safe & happy July 4th week end!

Please stop by my blog and sign up to win my blog candy.

Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

stephanne said...

This is spectacular!! I LOVE your colouring and what a clever way to use flowersoft, it looks great!! The glittery flowers are dreamy too!!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Stephanne

fionalawlor said...

awww this card is fab! the colouring is just beautiful.
fiona x

Maria Therese said...

So cute card Lori!

Auntie Em said...

Love your card! I really like how you used the extra border punch outs for decoration. It really pulls everything together!
The flower soft on the horse is such a sweet touch.
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Angelwood said...

Wow! Stunning! Gorgeous! Amazing! I love it, Lori! ;) hugs, Angela

Dragonlady said...

Hi Lori

THis is absolutely gorgeous, love all the little details.

Hugs Ali x

Anne H. said...

Your card is gorgeous!
An adorable image and lovely colors.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne :)

Annelies said...

Beautiful card! Love that image and colours! Gives it a romantic look! Greetings from Belgium, Annelies

Puma said...

У вас очень красивые работы! Мне нравятся.

Loz said...

This is so pretty Lori! I love the colour combo ♥

Jenny V. said...

This is such a lovely card. What a great idea to add flowersoft.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't a flower soft fan until now, wow, that is awesome, so pretty!

Mary said...

This card is GORGEOUS!!!!

Anonymous said...

The flower soft here is just PERFECT for this stamp! Lovely!!!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! Your coloring is amazing.


**Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

leannethomas said...

hi i am new to blogging and hope u dont mind me following you, i have also added you to my side bar, oh and what beautiful cards you make...I am new to card making and following yours and others blogs gives me inspiration.
Scrappy hugs and paper kisses x x

Unknown said...

Hi Lori! I have had carousel horse since EB and Susanna placed it in the blog. I have colored several times and it was ok. However, I saw the colors you used and had to lift it!!! I don't think I have that color flower soft, but I will know in a few. I will posting it on my blog and the EB Digi blog and wanted you to know I will be giving you credit for the color choices! I absolutely love them and will be using them more often in the future!!! HUGz

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails