Thursday, July 15, 2010

Simply Elegant...

Good morning, my friends!  I'm already melting in this heat...how 'bout you?  I won't whine anymore... I'll just say that I'm a big fan of Spring - how's that for being positive? lol!

I'm also a fan of the Clean and Simple cards (CAS) although I enjoy a wide variety of styles.  This week's Try it Out *T* is to create a CAS card - lots of white with one pop of color (the image can be multicolored).  My card today looks very different than I first imagined, but I'm happy with the results.  I love when that happens!  It truly is clean and simple with a twist of elegance : )


This image is from Elisabeth Bell's new release for SCACD, Sampler Edition #5 - 'Just For You.'  This stamp is so incredibly versatile!  I didn't know how much I loved it until I inked it up (just refilled my ink pad with Memento refill, Tuxedo Black).  Can you imagine using this stamp for a Thank You card; Birthday; Thinking of You; Sympathy; Friendship???  You see, that's only the ones off the top of my head!

This card was put together very quickly.  I've colored with copics, but of course you could use your fave products.  B34 B32 B00; G28 G24 G21 G20; RV 32 RV11; C0.  The vase is sprinkled with Glamour Dust here and there and Stardust Stickles around the edge of the image for a bit more bling!  The ribbon is a very lush velvet I've had in my stash forever...  I love how it pops against the white embossed background.  I just love white embossed paper... it's soooo pretty : )  Silver pearls and an epoxy word sentiment finishes it off.  Sweet and simple!

I can also see using Flower Soft on this image.  That would be gorgeous!  This time, I chose to keep it simple, but watch out next time lol!

Challenges Entered:
Papertake Weekly - In the Garden
For Fun - Fave Coloring
Stampavie and more - Anything Goes
Totally PaperCrafts - Swirls & Pearls
Creative Inspirations - Oldest Velvet Ribbon
KL Stampin N Scrappin - Dry Embossing
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Rest... Flowers from the Garden!


Wanna play in the challenge with us?  Head on over to the SCACD Blog to see the other GORGEOUS, and I mean GORGEOUS creations the DT has waiting for you!  Then ink up one of your stamps from Susana's Custom Art & Card Design and show us your CAS cards!!!

While you're at the store, check out the new Kraftin' Kimmies and Lockharts!  Any of the stamp lines Susana carries are allowed in the challenges AND the first week of every month, a prize is offered.  The winner gets to choose any stamp from the store (excluding sets).  How cool is that?

Thanks so much for stopping by.  You know how much I love our visits!!!



May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~








6 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Your simple and elegant card is lovely! It's elegance makes it so graceful and it's simplicity make it so appropriate for so many different occasions!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Danni said...

Gorgeous! Love the sparkle!

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Hun, wow love this so elegant, you've got me thinking I must do something different for a change lol, after all a change is as good as a rest orso they say lol, hugs Liz xx

Sally said...

Stunning card. I really love CAS cards they are so elegant.

Loz said...

Hi Lori, love the embossing!! Very elegant ♥

coldwaters2 said...

This is stunning Lori I adore the CAS style and this is one very classy and elegant card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails