Friday, July 9, 2010

Howdy Pardner!

Edited:  I can't believe it - grrrrr!  I scheduled this to post on Thursday!  I don't know what happened :(  I'm so sorry SCACD girls.  Blogger must have gone bonkers!  Now I need to check to see if my other post went live when it was supposed to...  Anyway, I'm home now!!!

Good morning, my friends! I pray that you are all well and filled with JOY today!!!

As you read this, I am away from home. I've been called to support a very dear friend whose daughter-in-law is in the hospital. Please pray for Ali... thank you!

Today's card was so much FUN to create. I had to stop myself from adding more. When is enough, enough? My style tends to be fairly clean and simple, so sometimes I struggle with WHAT to add.

Our challenge this week at Try It Out *T* is Crazy Quilts!  Make a patchwork quilt using either real or faux stitching.  Believe it or not, I actually quilted (fabric/batting/fabric) the background.  I'm sure that you CAN tell cuz the blocks aren't straight lol!!!  After I quilted the blocks, I sewed it onto cs.
I found this fringe when I was shopping the other day.  I already knew that I wanted to use Howdy for this challenge, so I was sooo excited when I saw it!  To make sure that it wouldn't come off, I used Scor-Tape to secure the fringe onto my 'quilt'!  In case you haven't seen this stamp yet, Howdy is one of the fabulous stamps in the NEW Elisabeth Bell for SCACD Sampler Edition #5 collection.  Whether you buy one at a time, or purchase the whole sheet (which saves you money!) you'll always have very good quality stamps and oh so ca-uuuuute images lol!

Yes, of course I colored her with copics hee hee!  Here's what I used:  Skin - E11 E21 E00 R20; Hair - E35 E34 YR21 YR20; Browns - E18 E17 E15 E13; Blues - B34 B32 B00.  Susana has convenient copic bundles which Suzanne J. Dean has put together if you are looking to add to your collection (or just starting out!).  When I first began my copic collection, I purchased the bundles.  That way I knew the colors would work well together!  The blue pearls as well as accents on the hat and shirt are Viva Decor Glitter Liner - Blue Sapphire.  This tube is gonna last me forever, it's so big lol!

The 'rope' and bow, made from Beading Cord was glued with Fabric Fusion.  It worked very well and won't come off any time soon!  I also glued the brads on with Fabric Fusion, but any good adhesive will do.

Head on over to Follow Your Heart where you'll find some outrageously GORGEOUS pieces of art from the SCACD DT.  You'll leave with tons of inspiration!

Please remember to use any of the stamp lines that are available at SCACD when joining in the Challenge.

The 1st week of each month has a prize for those that participate that week. 
ONE lucky winner picked at random can choose a stamp - (excluding any sets of stamps) 
THIS IS A PRIZE WEEK so get creating!
_________________________________________________________________________________
More New Products at SCACD!!!
 ______________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for visiting me today!  I hope you enjoyed my project...  I should be home late tomorrow night, so it will be awhile before I get to post again (no crafting, no computer... what am I gonna do???).  I miss you already - sniff sniff.
I appreciate your prayers.

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~

15 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lori
A fabulous card,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Maria Therese said...

so cute card!!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is just so darn cute! From the fringed borders and the lariat right down to the beautiful colouring job you did on the little cowgirl!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Kim said...

Oh my word Lori this is absolutely STUNNING Girl! I LOVE how you have actually quilted on your card...that's AWESOME...I wish I knew how to quilt! STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING!!! Your coloring is so beautiful too! Love this card hun!!!! You definitely ROCKED the challenge!
Hugs~ Kim
PS - Hope your friend's DIL is getting better...keeping her in my prayers!

AUSTINSGRAMM said...

Your creations are always so eye-catching. This one is awesome, so very beautiful. Love your coloring and designs..

tfs


bobbi

Crystal said...

WOW Lori this is AWESOME I LOVE the lasso you created....Amazing coloring and fantastic layout!

Hannapanna said...

Super cute card. Love the colours and the sweet image. Hugs Hanna

Sassy Scrapper said...

Lori your card is sooo cute. I love the image you used she is really adorable. This is the first time that I've seen her. Great job hun!
Hugs Bonnie

Chelsea said...

Hi Lori,
Wow! this is a really beautiful Cowgirl card.
So unique and pretty.
The fringe is a great fine too.
Beautiful!
Luv,
Chelsea

LINDA said...

WOW Lori, This is simply beautiful..Love this darling little image.. and your coloring is just perfect..Very lovely!!
Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Lori - your cards are always soooooo awesome! I really love all the details in this one - the quilting is FAB and I love that rope!!! (lasso!) yeeeehaw~!

angelique (anlou) said...

ohhhh what a cute card, love the stamp, en the detail are perfect
hugs angelique

Cheryl said...

Fabulous! I love the details you incorporated!

Cor* said...

You have done so many awesome things on this card!! woo hoo....I mean YEE HAW!!! love the string chord and the cut up edges of brown! Great coloring!! (wuz lookin for your Creative Cardmakers card---where is it?!?!!?!?)

Tracey said...

WOW! This is amazing Lori, LOVE the rope & in fact I love everything!

Hugs
Tracey
x

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails