Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Teddi to Love

How are y'all liking this weather?  Some people thrive in warmer climates... I'm not one of them!  I just melt and whine lol!  Not too pretty...so I'm happy to have an escape by crafting and visiting you, my friends.  If it's been awhile since I've visited you, please leave me a comment so I can find you easier and drop by to say Hi! ; )

Today I have a sample of my new paper pad by BasicGrey to show you.  It's called 'Olivia.'  I went a little bit (just a little) out of my comfort zone with this particular sheet of paper.  I don't normally use these colors and I wanted to expand my horizons lol!  What do ya think?  Anyway, as you know... I just LOVE bears!  Once again, I didn't realize how much I liked this stamp until I inked it up and colored it in!  I will be using this stamp for another project in a couple of weeks, so you'll be able to see the versatility : )

Isn't she adorable?  She's called 'Teddi and Friend.'  I've colored her with the following copics:  E25 E21 E00; BG18 BG13 BG10; R27 R24 R22 R20.


Her little heart shaped tummy and portions of the butterfly are sprinkled with Glamour Dust.  I love the sparkle that Glamour Dust has, but also the transparency!  When I want BIG SPARKLE without the transparency, I use my Viva Decor Glitter Pen.  There isn't anything with more BLING than Viva Decor!

How do you like the ongoing HEART theme?  The HEART dp, the HEART-shaped tummy, the HEART shape I made with pearls...  This is sooooo cool!  I used a template I had in my stash.  It was sooooo easy!  I just laid the template over the area I wanted the heart shape, put a pencil 'dot' where I wanted the pearls, removed the template and then used.... drum roll please.... Viva Decor Pearl Pen in Ice White.  I think they look pretty good, but I have a confession.  I've been having trouble making them look round.  I now have the answer!!!  If you've been having trouble with your Pearl Pen, here's what you need to know:  instead of touching the tip to your paper, make sure the tip is raised off the paper and the bottle is straight up and down.  This way the product will 'drop' out and settle into a perfectly formed 'pearl.'  You probably have been doing it right all along, but those of us who are a little slower... well... you know...  ha ha!

The image was cut out with my oval nestie and layered with a scalloped oval nestie cutout.  Ribbon is from my stash collection... sorry Liz, can't share lol!  Well, maybe...

Happy crafting, my friends!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~

12 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh isn't this just the sweetest! Love the little bear image and you have showcased her perfectly! Have a great weekend!

Crystal said...

Lori this is FANTASTIC!!!!! I LOVE these papers and the papers are WONDERFUL love these colors.....The sparkle on the belly is just sooooo cute!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lori your bear is so DARLING.

Kim said...

Lori this is so cute! I love the heart shaped theme you have going on...it's perfect for this beautiful teddy bear! Great work hun! LOVE all the VIVA! :)
Hugs~ Kim

Theresa's Studio said...

Love your teddy bear and great with that BG PP. Great card! TFS

Mandy said...

Hey hunny bun, your card is adorable, beautifully coloured as always and your pearls are just perfect, love it.
Second time lucky, your teapot was misbehaving earlier and wouldn't let me comment so had to send it to the naughty step lol
love n hugs Mandy xx

AUSTINSGRAMM said...

This little bear really is the cutest..Especially with the heart tymy and little butterflies. So very sweet. I love your coloring and the colors you used. Picture perfect!!

tfs
bobbi

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh so sweet Lori! Totally love those papers and colors and everything! Fab pearl heart too!!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Cute little bear image...love the glitter on the tummy! I've also been having fun with the Viva Decor products..especially love the glitter pens. TFS

Terry

Joynana said...

Lori, I love this card and the image is just to cute.

bernietom47 said...

Isn't she just adorable!!! The card is perfect, love the colors and all the hearts.
Hugs
Bernie

Auntie Em said...

Your little bear is so sweet and I love the glitter tummy! Thanks for the 'pearl' tip!!! Gotta' try that one.
Thanks for sharing! :o)

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails