Friday, July 23, 2010

Viva Decor Blog Hop!!!

Good morning friends!  A very happy Friday to ya!!!  Get ready for a long post... Are you on the Blog Hop trail today?  If so, you should have come here from Rowena's blog.  If you'd like to start at the beginning, then head on over to Quixotic Paperie Store Blog.  Let's get started!


Here's another of my fave stamps by Victoria Case for SCACD - Hearts and Hugs Summer Collection.  This image is called Safe Travels.  Isn't she the ca-uuuuutest evah?  I've colored her with copics, cut her out and popped her up on top of Memory Box and homemade dp!  I am seriously in LOVE with the  technique I used!!!  You'll be seeing lots of it in the future!  Crafters' Workshop has a ton of different templates, but I chose to use the Butterflies template and Rose Paper Pen(For those of you overseas, all Viva products I've used in my project (except the Paper Pen) can be purchased at Quixotic Paperie).  This is the first time I've done this technique and what you see is my first and only attempt.  I couldn't believe how easy it was and it turned out fabulous!  I simply used removable tape to tape down the stencil, and smoothed the Paper Pen over it using a palette knife.  Here's a tip:  You'll want to immediately lift the stencil from the paper as soon as you've covered all the areas.  Mine stuck in a couple of places because I was taking too much time going over it -  AND the weather was hot, so I'm sure it dried faster than usual.  I want to do another one now just talking about it ha ha!  One more tip... wash the stencil as soon as you're finished so it'll be clean and ready for your next craft session : )



Take a look at those glamorous shoes and purse!  I've given them a coat of Transparent Gloss Gel and sprinkled Glamour Dust on top.  She's a bling-y girl after my own ♥!  Her hat is painted with Ice White Pearl Pen.  I hope you can see the texture.  I've also given her eyes a bit of Diamond Glaze to make them pop!  But that's not all...  here are a few more areas where I've embellished this 'card' - The lace which was already adorned with tiny pearls received a larger pearl with Rose Paper Pen, the homemade dp received more bling with Hologram Glitter Liner as did the roses.  To top it off, the corners were given an even larger pearl with Ice White Pearl Pen.  I had soooo much fun!!!

**(For those of you overseas, all Viva products I've used in my project (except the Paper Pen) can be purchased at Quixotic Paperie)**

Challenges Entered:
Creative Inspirations - anything goes






Here's the inside with some gorgeous Memory Box paper - Gossamer.  More tiny pearls with Rose Paper Pen and a cute lil' heart button to complete the closure.  The tutorial I used to make this DVD holder is Here.


Surprise!  I so love it when a plan comes together lol!  I needed a DVD to show you how this little card/DVD holder looks.  I just happened to have this DVD near me, so I popped it in and saw how perfectly the title stands out.  One Night with the King... Safe Travels... get the connection?  To God be the Glory!!!  Only He could turn this FUN project into a lesson lol!


Note:  For my international friends, Safe Travels can also be purchased at Quixotic Paperie.

And now... the moment you've been waiting for!  Let's talk CANDY!!!


I am soooo excited about our combined Viva Blog Hop with Quixotic Paperie and Susana's Custom Art & Card Design!!!   Here's a little background information... Quixotic Paperie, owned by the Fabulous Elaine, and our Susana of SCACD have been partnering on efforts behind the scenes such that they consider each other International Sister Stores. They are combining efforts on certain mutual adventures starting with this awesome Viva Blog Hop which of course involves Yummy Candy!!  So make sure you stop at BOTH store Blogs HERE for SCACD and HERE for Quixotic Paperie. You will have a chance to win a set of 3 of the most popular Pens - (Ice White Pearl pen, Holographic Glitter pen and the Clear Gloss gel pen). So each Store Blog will offer up one chance to win the set. How Yummy is that?!!  The candy will run thru the 31st.
 
All you have to do is answer a question at each store blog - 1 entry at each STORE blog per person please!

Whew!  Still with me?  You will certainly want to stay awake because you are in for a real treat!  My buddy 
Kim is next on the Hop and she will blow you away with her amazing talent!!! 

Oh... one more thing you'll want to know...  She's Back Better Than Ever Release Candy begins this Sunday! Remember to check back at both store blogs on July 25!!!


Just in case you get lost, here's the Blog Hop Order:

Thanks for hopping with the Quixotic Paperie and SCACD DT girls!

May God bless you, keep you and comfort your soul ~

34 comments:

AUSTINSGRAMM said...

Your card is so beautiful. The paper and colors are gorgeous. I really love the soft colors. very, very beauatiful to look at.

tfs
bobbi

cowboydutrem said...

I have seen examples of use of the white pearl pen this past week, and it seems a really nice product! what you did with the rose paper pen is just stunning!

Cor* said...

Thanks for the invite for the hop, however I simply had to come here first, cuz, hey your my girl! I adore this card with the surprise insert! Look at that! Amazing! Well, guess I better get hopping......enjoying my coffee & hopping along, 2 ofmy favorite things next to my family!

Anki said...

This is so adorable! Love it my friend! Kramis - Anki

Cassie_lu said...

she is a sweeite as is the card

Kim said...

WOW WOW WOW Lori this is fantastic!!!! I absolutely love your creation and the handmade dp ROCKS! And the inside is as gorgeous as the outside! Gorgeous work hun!!! Happy Hop!
Hugs~ Kim

Randi WS said...

Beautiful card, Lori!! I love your handmade dp's, and your coloring is fantastic! And those soft colors is really beautiful too!
Hugs, Randi WS ;)

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What a beautiful card...love the soft colors, her blinged shoes and purse and the CD holder...fantastic!! TFS

Terry

Renkata said...

Wowowww Lori, Bravo!!!!
My favorite image and so beautifly coloured, I love her dress and the hat my favorite.
Ohhh I don't have words......
GORGOEUS!

Crystal said...

WOW WOW WOW Lori this is GORGEOUS, LOVE this sweet image and these beautiful colors!!! FAbulous design too!!!!

Maria said...

Wow, this is simply gorgeous Lori! Love the sweet image, your colouring and layout. Hugs, Maria

Angelwood said...

Lori, this is so pretty and feminine. I do love these Victoria Case images and you color them perfectly! hugs, Angela

Aud said...

Wow, this is such a wonderful card/project! Love how it turned out, and your coloring is fab! Thanks for the tips on how to use the paper pen!

You asked about my emotys, I get them from http://millan.net/
There are some free ones, I used them at first, but wanted even more, so I got the extras too! *LOL*

Have a fabulous weekend!

Hugs,
Aud

Danni said...

Such a gorgeous card!! Fabulous job!

Anonymous said...

this is juat DARLING!!!

Mary Lou said...

Oh my gosh --I LOVE THIS!!
Butterflies are my fave--but this is GORGEOUS!!!!!
Thanks for sharing and inspiring me to try something diff:))
Blessings and Hugz

Shazza said...

beautiful girly card, sweet image and loving thos papers and cd holder
x

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

WOW!! She is soooooooo pretty!!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Lori this is something I have so missed while being ill the beauty of the creations like this oh my it is stunning and a useful project which I must try thank you for sharing this with us at CACB
Hugs
Lorraine x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Lori!! I so love your coloring of the image, your design and all the elegant touches. Gorgeous inside and out and so clever with the pocket too!

Ann Whitfield said...

Oh wow Lori! This is a stunner and I love your choice of song. Thank you for sharing it with is for Kym's challenge at Crafty Ann's.
Ann x

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous card Lori. Very pretty and elegant. In addition that CD case is a fabulous idea. Very sweet and clever :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card Lori!!
Love how you made your card all touchy Feely!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage!!
Love Becky xx

Sue said...

Stunning!
Thanks for playing FFF
Sue x

cheryl said...

as soon as i saw your name hun I knew i was in for a treat,but had no idea what a wonderful one,it would be,this is totally awesome hun right from the image,to the papers,the detail oh the sparkle love love it,thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations,this week,love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Claire said...

Just beautiful! Gorgeous image and I love the bp you've created - I'll have to have a go at that one!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time
Claire xx

Carol said...

WOW Lori! This is one STUNNING card! I just luv everything about it. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage. Lotsa luv xxxx

Janet said...

A superb card! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's Challenge and look forward to you taking part again soon.

Janet xx

Dena said...

Very cute card! Your coloring is wonderful!!!
Thanks for joining in the Colour Create Challenge this time!
Hugs, Dena

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Lori, what a gorgeous item you have made. The colours all work so well together and you sound like you have had fun with the stencil. Thank you for taking part in the challenge topic I picked this fortnight. Hope to see you back again at Crafty Ann's Challenge very, very soon. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Trisha said...

Oh Lori-this is simply stunning!! I love every aspect of your beautiful creation! Thanks for playing this week at Fairy Fun Fridays! xoxo Trisha

Kiki said...

Wow, this is simply gorgeous! Love the cute image and your coloring is perfect! Great job!

Thanks for playing with us at SAM this week.

Hugs, Kiki

Suzi Mac said...

Adorable card, and I love the glittery shoes. The image is Coloured to perfection. Thank you so much for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday with your lovely work.
Hugs
Suzi x

Lori said...

Lori this is just perfection. I love your flowers and colours, wow, thanks for joining Fairy fun fridays.

the countdown...

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts with Thumbnails